Need help with trailer trade advice!!!! Time sensitive!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoorider52

My buddy bought a double yacht club with new lights, tires, wheels and bearings for $400. He said $200 plus my single and I can have the double. The double has rust, needs winches up front and some TLC. The single has a minor amount of rust, newer tires and LED's. Is this an ok deal? If I do some painting, buy 2 winches and swap to LED's id be happy with the double. So is this worth my single and $200? Should I do it?

I'd price out the winch towers and winches first. If buying new you could easily have $3-400 there alone and still need to deal with the rust. It's nearing the end of the season so you may be able to find a good condition used double in the exact setup you want and have less $ in overall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Double trailers in good shape can easily bring 700 to a grand.

Unless it's trashed. It's hard not to be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found winches at etrailer for like $35-45 a piece. The LED tail lights I can get for $20 a pair on eBay. I'm also thinking about replacing the jack cause it looks bad too, to something stainless or whatever one the single has. Then just a couple cheap marker lights, some loom and we're golden! Oh and paint

Last edited by a moderator:
I would pass since those rust spots will only get worse.
I ended up having to cut sections out and re weld new pieces.
Especially in that spot on the front bend by the marker light. Seeing if it splitting

Sorry for blurry picture.

Looks like it already has the rubber rollers if you can make those work and need just the winches thats a plus.
If you want a double trailer and can do the work yourself i would think its a fair deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy bought a double yacht club with new lights, tires, wheels and bearings for $400. He said $200 plus my single and I can have the double. The double has rust, needs winches up front and some TLC. The single has a minor amount of rust, newer tires and LED's. Is this an ok deal? If I do some painting, buy 2 winches and swap to LED's id be happy with the double. So is this worth my single and $200? Should I do it?

your trailer looks brand new and his double need a lot of work. Poke into the rust and see if any holes.....if so then stay away.
If not then ask your buddy to trade even up.
I hope he didn't pay $400 looking like that.

I would pass since those rust spots will only get worse.
I ended up having to cut sections out and re weld new pieces.
Especially in that spot on the front bend by the marker light. Seeing if it splitting

Sorry for blurry picture.

So I started poking around and nothing had any give to it whatsoever. Nothing has even began to penetrate, just chipped paint and surface rust.

Remember you need the winch post/tower also with the arms that stick put and have the rubber rollers on them. That's the expensive part unless you can fab something onto what you have now. Winches themselves are pretty cheap.

http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=6198.87&eq=&Tp=

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was thinking I could maybe slide my bunks forward to be even with the rear of the trailer since they sit over the back rail now. Then I could drop down the rubber rollers to right below the front hook on the ski. If not I am get another piece of square tube and just extend out from the current vertical post to the roller, and then cut off the top half of the posts. What I have will work for now but I need an easier tie down system and dedicated points. I'm currently just wrapping a strap around the front.

Looks like it already has the rubber rollers if you can make those work and need just the winches thats a plus.
If you want a double trailer and can do the work yourself i would think its a fair deal.

What suggestions do you have to make these rollers work with a winch?

your trailer looks brand new and his double need a lot of work. Poke into the rust and see if any holes.....if so then stay away.
If not then ask your buddy to trade even up.
I hope he didn't pay $400 looking like that.

Double is solid, just a lot of paint chips. I actually ground down the rough spots on the half that the ski is not on and then hit them with self etching primer. I then used rustoleum and rushed it on in a 3 coats for covergage and protection. Going to finish that half tomorrow then swap the ski over and do the other half.

The double is super solid, and the single needed repainted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back