Need help with my 98 seadoo speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack1230

Ok I’m new to the Forum but I’ve had some pretty bad luck with a 98 seadoo speedster I bought it back in January and didn’t know it was going to be impossible to find a two stroke mechanic in Jersey all it is is two jet ski engines but I found a guy in Long Island you had the boat for a month and a half and I had to pay him 2,000$ to get it running so I guess what I’m looking for is when I got the boat back I tried to test run out of the water and sounded pretty good a lot of smoke but figured it was normal put it in the water and reversed but then tried to pick up speed but to no avail did it go anywhere no power nothing and then after thirty seconds it would make a beeping noise and shut off I brought it back in put it on the trailer and took it out of the water a lot of water was coming out and to my surprise there was a tiny hole in the rubber exhaust that was leaking water a lot of water could that have been the problem as to why it wasn’t picking up speed? I also figured it could be bad gas ? Let me know what you guys think I’m desperate spent a lot of time and money

Wait, you paid a guy $2,000 to fix the boat and it isn't fixed?
I would be calling him and possibly taking him to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back