Need help identifying parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jforest

I've rebuilt the 787 out of a 96 GTX I purchased a few weeks ago so the engine was pulled out and everything. While cleaning out the hull, I found this part shown in the picture (I believe there were 2). Any one know what they go to. It looks like a nipple that is threaded on the inner diameter. I feel like I've been over everything on this jet ski but not sure where these might go or if they are from something else.

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

I can try and get better pictures if necessary. My phone was having a hard time focusing.

Thank you in advance!

It screws over the top end of the spark plugs to make it thicker so u hear the clicking sound when u press on the spark plug caps... It's basically wht keeps the caps from falling off..

Somebody was using the wrong spark plugs. Somebody probably dropped a spark plug and left it and then the top terminal vibrated off. There is a solid terminal, which is better for your model, and a screw on terminal. That is the screw type that will work if the solid isn't available but with the solid you don't have to worry about that coming loose.

If you're cheap like me and get your spark plugs at AutoZone or Advance you usually get the ones with the threaded caps, I will rough up the threads a bit with a file and then put them back on with pliers, they usually won't unscrew.

Lou

If you're cheap like me and get your spark plugs at AutoZone or Advance you usually get the ones with the threaded caps, I will rough up the threads a bit with a file and then put them back on with pliers, they usually won't unscrew.

Lou

I have done the same thing with the teeth on plier or a pair of side cuts coming straight down and putting like 6 dents in the threads.

Thanks everyone! Now that you guys said that, it definitely does look like that. The person that owned it before me much have had those kind of spark plugs at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back