need help asap! please...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

One40ozBUICK

I'm new to ski's and was about to take mine out for the first time this week to the colorado river for spring break. I went to start my 2001 gs since i replaced my mpem and cleaned out my fuel lines since bad gas was left in there. It started just fine as long as i poured fuel into carb. I was told it takes a lil time running to get the fuel pumping on its own so i hooked up the hose and started it. I ran for a lil but the died. while getting more fuel mix in to a jar the phone rang and i answered. when i went back to see and cranked it water came out the carb? I pulled the plugs and let the starter turn the water out. I left it with pluds out and hoping i'm not shit outta luck with this one? any Idea why or how to fix within the next couple days? Any help would be greatfull Tony

hey tony,put those plugs bak in n get it started to get the rest of the water out before rust sets in!,even if u have to t"texas tune it".i just left j.t,was fixin my kids car,,if u need help im like 2 minutes away

You need to get that running ASAP. Never leave it on the hose without the engine running, it fills the exhaust and eventually the engine with water.

Not that you will ever forget again, but it goes like this.

Engine on, water on, water off, engine off,,,,

As the others have said. Once you clear the cylinders if the wate get the plugs back in and let it run. In your case I would STRONGLY SUGGEST doing so at a ramp so you can run it long enough for the block to get nice and warm and help to pull all the moisture out of the engine.

If you use the hose only, letting it run long enough to get good and hot you could easily damage the shaft seal. If you MUST do it at home, fill the lower hull with water to submerge the seal.

Yep... what they said. AND... HURRY !!!!!!

But.. back to your issue. NO... a seadoo does not need to run a little to get the fuel moving. If the carbs/pump/fuel system is good.... pull the choke... crank for 10 seconds (or less) and it will go. I'm sure when I bring my XP out of winter hibernation, it will start about the same as if it was sitting for a week.

So... you cleaned out the gas... but do you have gray tempo fuel lines?? If you do... then they need changed. If you changed them... then the carbs still need cleaned.

Get it running like others said. I read... get a spray bottle with soap and water and spray down the carbon ring. Keep doing this if you are going to run it for awhile so it doesn't wear out. Then once you dry the engine out, send the carbs to DOC to have him fix them up. He's fast and does an awesome job for a great price! GL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it started but i does not stay on. I pour gas in the carb and it stays on till gas runs out. has grey lines still. I cleaned out the carb but nothing. do i need a carb? help

The Tempo fuel lines have died. They all need changed, and the entire system needs cleaned. INCLUDING the carbs. (again)

If you don't do it all at once... then it will just send more goo into the system.

Last thing.... you are getting it to run by putting fuel directly in the carbs. That's fine. But... does that fuel have oil in it??????

I am with Dr Honda with this one.

No matter how much you clean the carbs, fuel tanks and even flush the lines. You will have issues until you replace the lines and clean the carbs including the internal filter of the carb.

Anything else is just a waste of your time and money.

The tempo fuel lines are an engine killer. Its not a matter of "if" its a matter or "WHEN" they will kill your engine. For Goodness sake change out those fuel lines ASAP. The carbs will need to be rebuilt and the fuel selector needs to be gone through. They green-blue GUNK will clog everything up, and eventually kill the motor.

so, i went over to tonys house tonight after work,turns out we've known each other for a few years,small world aint it!
carb was full of green goo,as we all suspected,so i took it all apart got it pristine inside,put fresh gas to it,thru a clean line n it runs perfect,hes gonna change the lines tomoro at the lake n add an inline filter.
i also noticed the carbon seal boot was shredded so i hooked him up with a buddy in havasu for a good one n showed him how to change it.
so Tony,u better give us a report on how it runs this weekend!have fun!

uhhhh,,,,1 meeeeelyun dolllllllllerz,,lol,,sorry couldnt help it,
he aint otta the woods yet,,he still needs the boot n seal,n new lines
the other ski is a whole diff deal though

once you get that seal in we should meet down at the Colorado river i have a place just north of blythe where do you ride?

hey ricochet,
u askin me or 40ozbuick(tony),,, have only been on havasu and the river at parker,with the skis,if u know some good spots,im always ready to go.

Both of you guys lol ill pm you next time ill be headed out there :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
cool!def do that! i may be in for a day ride,not this weekend,but the following,,sat or sunday.once summer gets here,we usually go to havasu every weekend,but the wifey is havin shoulder surgery soon,so,day trips may be the way of the day.
im only 1:45min to parker from here,the main reason i go there ALOT.
would be cool to meet up with some new ppl.

Well a million thanks to "donkey" he saved my ass! He came over and took care of my ski! I had cleaned it out but not as he did. I went to Lake Havasu right after donkey took care of my issue, The ski ran awesome! But! i messed up and while launching i went into sallow waters and sucked up a few rocks! I was able to pull it back out and drop the grate and get the rocks out. Purshased a new exide battery for 61.99 plus tax and core. Other than that it ran great! It does have a little stutter from idle to accelerating but i'm sure a lil tuning would fix that. Donkey also noticed damage to my other ski but thats another tread! I'll give more details in the morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back