Need help, 2010 GTX 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jger

I have a couple of issues that i need some help with. The first is when i was riding yesterday, the ski suddenly lost power as if there was something stuck in the pump. It would not move although it would still rev up. There was a high pitched sound coming from it. It wasnt really a squeal as if there was a bad bearing. it was just a high pitch almost like you sometimes hear from a vacuum but much louder. I checked the pump and found nothing blocking it. I had the ski towed back and when i got it on the trailer, i started it up and it sounded perfectly normal.
I took it home and put the hose on it and started it. Again, all seemed normal. I thought maybe something had lodged in the pump that i couldn't see in the water and came loose on the way back under tow. When i put the ski back in the water and started it up, it immediately began making the same noise. And again, it would not move.

The absence of noise out of the water as opposed to in the water made me think a bearing would be bad, ie: no load, no noise. But a bad bearing shouldn't cause the ski to have no propulsion.

Any thoughts

Second issue is when i start the ski, sometimes it sounds as if the battery is dead or the starter is jammed. It will click and starter will engage but the motor wont turn. If i hold the button for a few seconds, the engine then starts up. It is similar to what you would get on an old car motor if the timing was too far advanced.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Your first issue is most likely a stripped driveshaft. I just went through the same thing.

Stripped shaft, probably impeller end but could be either. It will look fine on dry land but any load on the impeller and a horrible sounding screaching sound and no forward except a slow crawl.

Second could be anything but starter itself most common based on your description however solenoid is still a suspect. You need to do a range of tests to sort out which b4 tossing money at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back