Need Help 1995 Seadoo GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde9195

I'm new to this site, so be gentle.... I have a question about a 1995 SeaDoo GTX. Jugs fill with oil and unit smokes ALOT. This ski sat for 2 years and I'm looking at purchasing it. Runs good, smokes and oil comes out the back at the propulsion area.... Any ideas on what it might be and how much trouble to repair??? Please help....

Alan

Oil injection?

Are you still using oil injection? If not, is the oil tank still in place? If not, how are you lubricating your rotary shaft?
If your tank is in place, are you using a lot of oil from it? If so, it sounds like your rotary seals are bad. The chamber around your crankshaft, in the center of the engine is the rotary. It's a worm gear driven off the crankshaft to your rotary plate which is what times the pistons to the intake stroke. When the seals around the shaft go out, then you start using oil, smoking. Gone un-checked, will get to the point that when you put the ski/boat up, the cylinders will fill completly up with oil.

Thanks.... All the research I've done seems to point to that.... Can I put an in-line valve on it and just turn the oil on and off as needed??? Seems better than pulling the engine and replacing the seal... Let me know what you think...

Yes the seals are bad in the rotary valve chamber. Rather than putting a band aid on the problem, I would replace the seals so it won't cause a poor running seadoo in the future.

ScubaDoo

This repair entails pulling the engine and splitting the cases. You moght want to cal a local seadoo dealer ans ask for what the charges are. Most seadoo dealers here in Florida charge $99.00 per hour. It could be a 3-4 hr job.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back