Need Help 01 GTX RFI in Austin, TX - request for shop

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpnovak

I am looking for a shop that can help with my 2 stroke RFI in Austin, TX area. I have called all the places and none will touch it. Guess they don't have the expertise or just don't want to mess with the RFI skis. If it was carb'd there would be several options.

Hoping someone can point me to a shop/person/or other that can help me solve the issues.

Bought an 01 GTX RFI 2 stroke 2 years ago.

It has never really run right. Goes into a limp mode at locked at 4200 rpm after about 5 minutes running. I have read every thread on RFI issues and addressed them all with no resolution. No Maint or error codes on working dash. No stored codes according to my CANDOO interface. Just doesn't run right. I swapped the MPEM and ECU with a spare with same results. Short list of changes/check. None have resolved the issue.

New Rectifier - not the cheap one
voltage verified while riding ski - Problem the same if rectifier unplugged.
All windings in
new battery,
New starter solenoid
New plugs
Spark plug leads trimmed
injectors clean/verified
Fuel pressure checked and verified
Injectors flowing properly
All sensors measure correct at MPEM plugs (MAP, CLT, IAT, etc)
CPS checked and clean.
Rave valves cleaned and verified working.
Rave check valve replaced
swapped MPEM and ECU - no change.
cleaned all contacts in starter solenoid box
Cleaned grounds (main ground and stator ground side)

I think it is temperature related but can't figure out what. Need some help with more experience than I have.

Do the ECUs have solder joint issues? I have not disassembled the ECU itself. Wonder if it is potted inside. I can reflow/repair if I this is an issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back