Need advice on reviving 2005 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcR

Great forum - this is my first post. I bought a 2005 Challenger 180 in 2015 and ran it 3 or 4 times, basically one
tank of gas. It ran perfect and all was well until life hit and I haven't touched it since. So 4 years later I'm trying to figure out the best way
to get it running again. I'm thinking drain the gas tank, change oil, and change coolant? I'm slightly familiar with outboards
but don't know anything about this engine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'd probably pour a teaspoon of oil down each plug hole and crank the motor in flood mode to get oil moving and build up some oil pressure to get things moving prior to firing up for the first time.

Remove and inspect your pump and drive to make sure everything is freshly lubed and torqued.

Thank you for the help - put some oil down the plug holes and replaced the plugs, topped off coolant and put in some fresh gas and it started on the first press! I just kept it on the trailer at the boat ramp and let it run for about 7 minutes. I'm going to attempt to get the SC out and send it in for a rebuild. I have no idea how to remove the drive and pump but will get some manuals off this site and keep reading the forums and watching you tube videos. Any other resources or direction would be most appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back