Need advice on 2005 Seadoo utopia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceffy

Hey guys,
I need some help. I’m new to buying boats and I’m interested in a 2005 Seadoo utopia 185. The boat is up for $9200 and after negotiating for a bit he’s willing to take $8500 for it. But I’m not to sure what to do since it’s winterized and I can’t actually test it. He said that it was serviced and has all the paperwork for it. But This is the ad

Sea Doo Utopia 185 with matching trailer. Boat is in immaculate condition. It was outfitted with a Monster Tower with Bimini top in 2017 and new covers in 2017 as well. Boat has been stored properly every year and very well maintained. Price reflect that we are selling boat As-Is. It was used up to the end of season but on final use ran a little rough- will require some attention over the winter. Buy now for a fraction of value and enjoy many great memories this summer! It is winterized and ready to go!

Unfortunately.... he wants a "Premium" price for it. So... unless he's willing to let you water test it, or hold it for you until spring.... walk away. There's no way of actually knowing the mechanical condition until it's in the water. A bad gear box, messed up ring/impeller, or engine that's on it's last leg can't be truly checked without a load, and enough time to warm up completely.

Without a water test... it's only worth the price of a project boat. And if he's trying to sell it this time of year, and is not willing to do a water test... then he could be hiding something.

If it was me... I would offer him $500 to hold it until you can get a water test. And I would get a signed notarized document spelling it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back