Nasty looking stator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDaveOtt

Finally got around to pulling the other stator. (1998 GSXL 947/951)
Not sure what caused water to get in, but it did. I can't remember if this is the one that sunk or if it was the other...either way, it happened. Seal bad? Should I look elsewhere? How else could water get in here?
Your thoughts are appreciated as always. Thanks.

IMG_3685.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Finally got around to pulling the other stator. (1998 GSXL 947/951)
Not sure what caused water to get in, but it did. I can't remember if this is the one that sunk or if it was the other...either way, it happened. Seal bad? Should I look elsewhere? How else could water get in here?
Your thoughts are appreciated as always. Thanks.

View attachment 39125

Difficult to say where the bad seal is, could be the case oring, at the plug in, at the starter, or the oil injection pump. Looks nasty, but either way it should clean up fine and be ok.

Seadoo did what they could to seal off components, but my front line approach has been to install an auto bilge near the siphon bailers. Check all the orings and seals, but first line defense is preventing water filling in the hull. I'll never go out without the piece of mind of an auto bilge, highly recommended.

Not saying it’s not a good second line of defense but I’ve been riding these things for 25 years and never needed anything more than the stock siphon system.

Find your leak and make sure the stock system is working.

On my 96 GTX the internals were really ugly so I cleaned it up. I found this problem because I had "no spark" . My first trek into the inner workings of Jet Skidom. I figured the corrosion would not stop so I put Glyptol on the inside. At the time I figured the moisture got into the chamber through the Starter o-ring or the top electrical connection.. Moisture has a way of finding a way. Yours obviously got wetter than mine though. :) Seadoo stator.jpgFlywheel painted2.jpgMag Cover Painted.jpg

Last edited:
This one still had water laying inside.. I'm thinking it got in past the (aftermarket) starter. Another reason to not buy those cheapo ones.. It was locked up and not working but did pop out easily, too easily..
Note: not my ski, I know better, and now he does as well

I got sidetracked with other projects, but I'm back on these skis now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back