My sea doo bombardier gtx has no power. What can be some answers to this?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuadixon2002

I have checked the battery and sorts and i have full power. I also bypass the solenoid and it will turn over. But just pressing the button will not. Wires and all seem good. Is there anything else I should check?

Starter relay in the ignition box (where the spark plug wires run to).

If it is corroded or has been flooded, it may not actuate properly when starting. Also, there is a fuse in there to check.

No power?

Do you mean that when you attach the DESS lanyard to your dashboard and push the start button, it's dead?.....if so, then there are two things to listen to. First, if you have the proper DESS key and it works properly when you attach it to the dashboard, you should hear to audible beeps. If it's the incorrect one, you should hear one long beep. If the neutral safety switch isn't making making up to the engine in neutral, you'll also hear a beep and you'll not be able to turn the engine over. If you hear nothing, then your digital electronic security system is not allowing power to the MPEM or as stated in the other reply, you have a fuse blown. Since buying my Challenger, I've found that when the engineers designed these boats, they had user safety, theft and engine damage thought out to protect us from high repair cost. There are several sensors that can also keep you from getting engine turnover in the normal way........hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick check of the lanyard post - take a strong magnet and run it next to the post. You should hear a small click. This is not a conclusive test - but more a sanity check.

check for spark better still put new plugs in .if you have a spark at the plugs take plugs out and put a sringe of petrol in each cylinder replace plugs and try to start .check fuel pump and fuel fillter are your carbs clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back