My other Seadoo is having strange issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

f15radar

So I took my other sea doo *also a 1995 seadoo GTX 657) out for a spin the other day., since I am waiting on a new sleeve for my other one. It ran great until it was time to come in. Then it stopped idling. I could start it right up and it would idle until I tried to put in on my drive up dock. As soon as the bow was elevated a little (sea doo was not out of the water just bow was up about 1 inch) it cut off. I slid it back into the water and it wouldn't start, so I waited about 5 minutes and it started but it wouldn't idle. I could however give it gas and it would run but bad but it would run. Today, the exact same thing happened. It ran great for about 30 minutes until time to bring it in. Where should I start on this problem?

So I took my other sea doo *also a 1995 seadoo GTX 657) out for a spin the other day., since I am waiting on a new sleeve for my other one. It ran great until it was time to come in. Then it stopped idling. I could start it right up and it would idle until I tried to put in on my drive up dock. As soon as the bow was elevated a little (sea doo was not out of the water just bow was up about 1 inch) it cut off. I slid it back into the water and it wouldn't start, so I waited about 5 minutes and it started but it wouldn't idle. I could however give it gas and it would run but bad but it would run. Today, the exact same thing happened. It ran great for about 30 minutes until time to bring it in. Where should I start on this problem?

Check compression, if it's good then it might be time to rebuild the carb.

Did you try switching to reserve. Fuel selectors clogging or sucking air do this exact thing.

funny how these boats will surprise you?this time of year I was thinking of wearing a wet suit,so I can swim the boat back to the shore...

Ok, got it out and first checked compression. I had 130 in both cylinders. Then I noticed there was water in the hull. I got it out and went for a 30 min ride. It ran great until I brought it in. So I looked in the compartment again and there was water. I pulled the seat and watched it and saw 2 leaks in the manifold. One was spraying onto the battery and one was spaying over the where the spark plugs are. I suppose that is the problem.

I did switch the fuel selector. It always runs better on reserve. When on regular it sometimes bogs down. Could this be the source of my problem and not the water? I know I have to fix the water leak.

Ok, got it out and first checked compression. I had 130 in both cylinders. Then I noticed there was water in the hull. I got it out and went for a 30 min ride. It ran great until I brought it in. So I looked in the compartment again and there was water. I pulled the seat and watched it and saw 2 leaks in the manifold. One was spraying onto the battery and one was spaying over the where the spark plugs are. I suppose that is the problem.

I did switch the fuel selector. It always runs better on reserve. When on regular it sometimes bogs down. Could this be the source of my problem and not the water? I know I have to fix the water leak.

Compression sounds a little low at 130, low compression may be causing your stall issue. Also wear on the rotary valve can cause some hard start issues.

Of course fix the water leaks. These fuel selectors can be a problem even brand new, I had this issue. A way you can check this and cross it off the list is to bypass it.

The service manual shows the way to check the rotary valve, but first I'd consider a top end rebuild, 130 is pretty low. These skis are known to not run off the trailer and in the water once it reaches 125.

Yes your compression is getting low. You definitely need to replace or bypass the fuel selector if there is a noticeable difference between on and reserve. The water leak is probably coming from a Welch plug or hose. Run it on the hose and look for the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back