My 1999 challenger 1800 first time out.... kinda..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hivoltage98

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well we made it into the water, not quite off the trailer. All systems were go until the exhaust casting hole sprung a leak on the port engine. So we decided to scrap going into the Delaware river with 1 engine. We ran the engines for a bit just to check everything else and all looked good. Now off to the welding shop to put plates over the holes and weld them up. Both engines ran smooth, carbs were working well, impellers were moving water nicely, so when we put the exhaust parts back on we will take her out again with confidence. The Upholstery comes this week from seadooupholstery.com and were excited to get it started and finished. Boat has been compounded, waxed, new impeller wear rings, 1 new impeller, new fluids, fresh carb rebuilds, new throttle cable, new steering cable, new stereo, and a lot of other miscellaneous parts to go along with the build.
This has been quite a project and I have learned quite a lot and spent a lot of money. But so far its been fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpeg
    IMG_1064.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 55157147924__DFFCC7DF-288A-4A8E-95CA-96EC19750C7D.jpeg
    55157147924__DFFCC7DF-288A-4A8E-95CA-96EC19750C7D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1058-1.jpeg
    IMG_1058-1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
Well we made it into the water, not quite off the trailer. All systems were go until the exhaust casting hole sprung a leak on the port engine. So we decided to scrap going into the Delaware river with 1 engine. We ran the engines for a bit just to check everything else and all looked good. Now off to the welding shop to put plates over the holes and weld them up. Both engines ran smooth, carbs were working well, impellers were moving water nicely, so when we put the exhaust parts back on we will take her out again with confidence. The Upholstery comes this week from seadooupholstery.com and were excited to get it started and finished. Boat has been compounded, waxed, new impeller wear rings, 1 new impeller, new fluids, fresh carb rebuilds, new throttle cable, new steering cable, new stereo, and a lot of other miscellaneous parts to go along with the build.
This has been quite a project and I have learned quite a lot and spent a lot of money. But so far its been fun!
How hard was the steering cable to replace!

Not hard at all. Take your time and make sure you seal it well coming through the back of the boat.

Thank you. I just got it back from my ex and took it to get serviced and trailer tires. Put in the river on Monday. Was able to crank both engines but steering was locked up. Ordered steering cable today. I had a lot of smoke from the engines and the right one didn’t want to stay running. All new fuel filters before the trip.
I’ve always been the passenger and helper. Not sure of being the girl with the boat but determined to do it. Any ideas of things to check is much appreciated. Boat is like new. No sun damage and has been kept up really well. Just hasn’t been in the water in a few years.

Thank you. I just got it back from my ex and took it to get serviced and trailer tires. Put in the river on Monday. Was able to crank both engines but steering was locked up. Ordered steering cable today. I had a lot of smoke from the engines and the right one didn’t want to stay running. All new fuel filters before the trip.
I’ve always been the passenger and helper. Not sure of being the girl with the boat but determined to do it. Any ideas of things to check is much appreciated. Boat is like new. No sun damage and has been kept up really well. Just hasn’t been in the water in a few years.

Get ethanol free gas and run that through. If it won’t stay running you might need the carbs rebuilt. I’m new to boating and this is a whole new world to me. It’s pretty amazing how muck you have to know. Best wishes

Just pull the carbs and rebuild them. Running it will not make it clean out. That tank of gas could be the kiss of death for the engines with poorly running carbs. Just take your time and be extra careful removing them. I just rebuilt all 4 on my speedster because I hadn't used it in 2 seasons. They were spotless inside but I wasn't taking the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back