Must have tool when boating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPass

Wifey and I were out yesterday. The ramp had some tall grass due to lack of use and when we launched we noticed the boat felt different.

Drive out for about a minute and the starboard motor high exhaust temp alarm goes off. Shut down the motor and jump overboard to clear the pumps. Very little weeds in the starboard side, but lots in the port side pump.

Clear everything and motor on. Alarm goes off again. We shut starboard motor down again and limp to sandbar on the port motor (thank God for twin engines).

Can't feel anything in the starboard pump. Let the boat sit for about an hour and when we fire up the starboard motor, she sounds much louder than usual and I can't feel any water coming from the exhaust exit. Shut her down and have a few drinks to calm down. About 5 hours later we head back to the dock on single engine.

When we get her home we shine a light in the pump nozzle and notice a bunch of weeds all up in the impeller blades. We used a pick-up tool to reach in and remove everything. Couldn't believe how much we removed from the pump.

Hooked up to the house and water was now flowing through the exhaust. Don't think we damaged anything, but things did get hot.

Now I'll be keeping the pick-up tool in the boat in case this happens again. See below for pick of tool and the amount of weeds we got out from the impeller.

pick up tool.jpg

weeds.jpg

We had something similar and had to reset the high exhaust temp alarm/check engine light with the Candoopro... Did you have to reset the check engine light as well? Seems like this should self rest?!?

We had something similar and had to reset the high exhaust temp alarm/check engine light with the Candoopro... Did you have to reset the check engine light as well? Seems like this should self rest?!?

Never got a check engine light. Just a red temp light in the cluster and the high temp alarm message scroll. I'll double check next weekend when I take her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back