Mpem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TonyTerri

Looking for a mpem for a 1997 Sea-Doo gsi. Or does any one know if they make a conversion kit to change it out to a different module.

I did today they said it would be 575 for mpem with key but it is a used one. They said this is a one year model so I was hoping to find a new module or a kit to change over to a different mpem

Well I am taking my GSI and gti to the Sea-Doo dealer Friday to have the dess system programmed to match each ski so one dess key will work on both and hope this fixes my GSI no start. The dess key shows to be bad for the GSI

Ok here is the update. Got the new dess keys programmed to match both Sea-Doo gti and gsi. The GSI will not turn over still and it is reading new key with the two beeps. Hit the start button with out the dess key in place it will not do any thing. The dealer said the mpem shows to be working but not getting start signal for some reason. They did not have time to look at it this week plus we want to take the gti out this weekend for the holiday. Was hoping to take the GSI out also. They are on the same trailer so I could not leave the gsi. So not sire where to go now

Got home and started check out the no start issue still having with it. Now it is showing low voltage when hitting any button. Changed battery and found the red battery cable from starter relay to battery has some corrosion coming out of it. Replaced it and still same thing low voltage. Any idea of what wire or where the mpem gets it power reading from.

Ok doing some testing here. Got power going to start stop button on the yellow with red tracer and when you hit the button it goes to ground. Tested it at the mpem does the same thing. Checked the yellow with red tracer going to starter relay and no power. Back probe in wire with a power probe to see if I can send power to relay at mpem and it will crank over if I hit the power button on the power probe but nothing if I hit the start stop button. So if I am seeing the wire diagram right there must be a relay in the mpem that the start stop switch send ground to send out power to the starter relay. That is what I am guess. Need some help here please.

Yes I get two beeps and the gauges light up and you can take key off the post and hit it one time and lights up and if you hit it five times it lights up and gets like 3 or 4 beeps

Since you have power at the start stop, go to the starter solenoid and see if you have power coming out the back of it. You can also unplug it and hit the start button and see if you have power to it with a test light.

No power to starter relay. Has a good ground. Can back probe at the mpem on the starter circuit is OMG a power probe test light and can send power on that circuit and make it crank over.

Update on jet ski mpem. Started tracing wires out and found that the wire that goes to starter relay at mpem connector was broken. Ski runs now. Thanks everyone

Back