MPEM module Seadoo Speedster 1997 twin engines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunter

Hello,

My MPEM computer is broke. Can somebody help me?

Seadoo Speedster 1997 Twin engines
Part number 204-470-056

Attachments

• 20180919_154644_resized.jpg
    20180919_154644_resized.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180919_144753_resized.jpg
    20180919_144753_resized.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180920_112755_resized.jpg
    20180920_112755_resized.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 33
yikes! that is gonna be an expensive replacement. how do you know its bad? did you jump start the boat or hook up a battery charger with the battery switch on?

this part is no longer available from the dealer but I'm pretty sure it would cost about the same as your boat is worth from sea doo anyway. there is that parts place in Minnesota that Mikki recommends for a used one. I ordered parts from there and personally am having customer service issues with them. we will see how it gets resolved. perhaps your mileage may vary.

I got one w/key ut for a 98 sportster 1800...mike from WAY back that fixed 5a popping. He still around, i use him from time/time. Ill pm his email

No good answers to MPEM problems. Twin engine MPEM are getting real hard to find and you are buying a 20+ yo solution that is known to fail.

Jess & Nick at Westside have a solution using Oem jet ski Mpems. Nice guys and worth talking to. Search this forum for their info.

I tried a bunch of things and using an Oscilloscope was able to ‘prove’ my MPEM was bad on the starboard engine side. I even bought a dead MPEM so I could machine into the epoxy looking to discover if the board inside was reverse engineer-able to find the issue. No such luck. Getting the epoxy/potting solution out of the board components wasn’t possible. In the end I got creative and used a MSD 4255 on the one engine and the working MPEM on the port side. If the MPEM fails on that side I’ll add a 2nd 4255.

I have now gotten my boat back on the water with 2 strong running engines. The project I bought last fall had not been on the water with the MPEM issue in 4-6 years by at least 3 other owners who had bought this project before me.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear... but it is what i found.

Thank you for your input. Let me ask, would it just be better to FYI find a buyer? We have all the receipts from all the maintenance over 13 years. We purchased her at under 5 hours on the engines. We had one eff find rebuilt twice, but this was our therapy. We would have never purchased a SeaDoo if we knew Bombardier would have stopped making them & parts. So mad. Nick did call me right of way, & was quick to state it may not be MPEM, but we're not mechanics so we don't know & have to rely on someone else.

Do you know of anyone in the Pacific NW Vancouver, WA that would be good to check with? Would love to keep her, running, but seems you need to be mechanical.

Any additional information or contacts would be great

Let’s start over. What’s wrong with your boat?

Does she crank over? start at all? Have sparks? Getting fuel? Have you ever heard it run?

I don’t know any boat people in the NW. You don’t have to be a mechanic to own a 20+yo performance boat but it helps.

Enhancer Fan

Our last trip out one engine wouldn't start, we were lucky to get back on one engine. Took it to SK Northwest, where we bought & serviced our boat. They told us it was the MPEM & we'd have to find the part due to Bombardier's discontinue.

The next summer we took it back & they could fix it but we have to order the part. It's been 6 years. We haven't tried anything since then, but now we can fix her if we find the right mechanic.

We are definitely not mechanically inclined & knew we'd have the service done by a professional. Now they really don't want to work on it.

The best solution for you guys is going to be to contact Westside Powersports and talk with them about the situation. Once you work with them and decide whether you’re going to go with a factory MPEM or a conversion, you can find a reputable mechanic; hopefully one that can work with Nick or Jess to do the install correctly... I’m sure they’d be more than willing to have a conversation with your mechanic about how the conversion is done if you go that route...

Looking to sale our boat, doing want to deal with all the issues seadoo is having. Contact me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back