Mikuni dual carb pop off!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostboner

I own a 96 787 gtx.....rebuilt the carbs.....I'm unable to achieve similar pop off...no matter the spring combos I use....I have new 1.5 genuine mikuni n/s.....no leakage and will hold 15 to 20 psi all day....mag carb pops at 38 and pto at 25 wth black spring.Seems to be nothing I can find with opinions or advice on achieving the same pop off pressure.

Yes....I know that fact now......those springs are long gone.....Would checking pop off on mag/pump side carb thru lil check vavles give the higher reading.....

Ok.... I'm on to something here.....took needle/seats out found that one wasn't a genuine mikuni...the pto side ....had no identifying size marked on it.....i know I replaced the set with the ones I ordered bc I have the original two.... 2 in the carb and the other two new ones....i ordered 4 total.....replaced both again....reinstalled original levers(which made a significant improvement)....36 mag 31 pto....made numerous adjustments......How critical is the syncing of pop off between both carbs?

I try and get it pretty close to each other by 2 or 3 psi and have never had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back