Mercury 240 efi m2 doesn't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisB

Hello,

I have the following problem on my Mercury 240hp efi engine.
Engine doesn't start.
Battery new and fully charged
New fuel
Spark and timing checked and okay
Fuel pressure 34 psi
All 6 injectors are injecting fuel

But spark plugs stay bone dry! Fuel smell in engine compartment after a couple of starting attempts. No fuel smell from the exhaust pipes

Any suggestions? Will do compression check tomorrow.

Thanks Boris

If spark plugs are dry, why do you think the injectors are working? Although unlikely all failed together. Check the injector wire harness. Bottom front, starboard side. Round 4-wires. Disconnect it, check for green corrosion. Connectors are keyed for ass'y.

Open the drain plug on the side of the VST. Gas should drain out. Careful- that screw is delicate, only brass.

BTW compression- Check at WOT, all plugs out. Looking for (hoping for) 135 psi. 120 min.

I think it is the electronic fuel pump in the VST, how many years boat was not used? Mine is 5 years as per old owner I bought the boat, the electronic fuel pump in VST is all rusty and clog and unable to repair it at all. It is still OEM/original parts but no more brand new OEM now only 3rd party Non-OEM parts available online. I don't know if there is OEM but if your compression is good then definitely your electronic fuel pump is the culprit. I should have repair mine on VST fuel pump right away, I even send my ECU to Simon performance motor sports in San Diego, they said they change the drives on it but I think I was just rob on that repair, it is $600.00 for that ECU repair, try the electronic fuel pump and it fires right up then check other components for function.

mine needs bled if it sits more than 6 weeks, the gas evaporates. did you bleed the air out of the fuel lines?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back