Melted small cooling line

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolanddiemaker

I was out on my 96xp they other day when i noticed some weird noises coming from the engine so i flipped the seat and it was full of water luckily i was close to the dock so i brought it in and drained the water and gave it a good once over and noticed one of my small coolant lines was melted im guessing my coolant lines got clogged and that was just hot exhaust air that melted it idk not sure what do you guys think thanks.
329.jpg

Either that or the water control valve on the water box is leaking. Run it on the hose, block the exit side of the flush hose to concentrate all the water into the system. Check the wcv for water leaking. You can pop the cap, there's s spring under there, don't lose it. Pull up on the bellow cup, you'll remove the inner workings. Look at the diaphragm, look at the metal retaining clip, it'll be rusty as all get out. Look for a hole, if so, time for a new diaphragm. While your at it, check the lower part on the tuned pipe just before the water box, is it discolored? If so, the 3" rubber adapter from the stinger to the water box is probably bad too.

Cool thanks racer, i will run that flush check in the morning and report back. When i restored the ski last year i did take apart that valve and clean it up but iv had it out alot so anything is possible anyhow thanks for the suggestions ill look into it after work hopefully its something simple

The incoming water goes thru the wcv and right up that line. It looks like you replaced the original black line that used to run there with clear tubing. Perhaps the temp rating isn't high enough, LOL. The black probably would have done the same.

Ok so i did some investigateing and found that the small hose going to the valve on the waterbox from the water inlet had poped off im guessing that would be my culprit?
339.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back