Melted RAVE valves affecting performance?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subjockey

Hi,
Yesterday I took my 96 gtx out and it was only revving up to 5000 rpm it was perfect and normal until it got to 5000 rpm then it wouldn't go any more. I decided to turn the rave valves in with the red cap and I started it and gave it full throttle and it went straight to 7000rpm but after 2 seconds or so it dropped back to 5000rpm. I opened the cap of the rave on the front cylinder and the thread part of the piston that screws onto the giulatine had melted off and the spring was melted into it aswell. I think when I turned the red cap it may have got the broken bit of the piston to grip onto the giulatine and work good then it let go and went back to the 5000.
So what I'm asking is could the rave not having the spring or any bellow connected to it stop it from revving fully?
Thanks in advance!

Yes it will. Basically, if the Rave does not open the exhaust port enough, the engine is unable to breath properly and cannot make rpm's. It's the old banana in the tailpipe scenario.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I am glad to hear that it is a cheap and quick fix as I have had some problems with it recently.
Thanks again!

That's good to hear.

If you burned it up, it is a direct result of lack of maintenance. Pull the raves off at least anually and replace the O rings that sit on the blade shaft, inspect the bellows and get them all cleaned up and they should be trouble free.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back