Meet & Greet - Thanksgiving week

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Seadoobuddy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Here is the final info on a meet & greet.

We will meet at Woody's River Roo on Sunday Nov. 27th at *2:30pm*. Meet some new people, watch some football and have a few brew(skis)
We will not be riding, but one person said he might bring his boat if weather is nice.

An area will be reserved under the Seadooforum name.
If you wish to participate then just respond to this post or if at the last minute you decide to come then just show up. But it's best if I can inform them of the possible headcount.

Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill
5717 18th St E, Ellenton, FL 34222
(941) 722-2391

...Since a few "Northerners" are coming to Florida over Thanksgiving. Thor7000 and I thought it would be a good idea to set up a "greet and meet" somewhere between Tampa and Bradenton (my area). Wednesday 11/23 to Mon 11/18
What does everyone think about that?
We need suggestions of a place that could handle maybe a dozen or so people? :cheers:

I thought of Leroy Salomons (??) in Sarasota but they are pretty busy.

No Saturday night for me as we (as in wife and I) are going to Tampa for a Contra Dance.

Thanks, Tim

You know the first time I googled "contra" I got all sorts of militia type stuff....Not what I wanted.
Contra Dancing is similar to square dancing but done in 2 lines instead of a square formation.
It's fun, easy to learn and great exercise.

www.octds.org is my group I'm the membership and email publicity chairman.

bumping so the guys who are relaxing tonight can see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
El Toro - If your around then lets try to meet up...I'll keep you posted (pun intended)

OK, now that the Nationals are over all of the Florida guys should be back home.
I've sent a lot of PMs out to the people I know who live in the Tampa to Bradenton area........so please check your messages and respond back.:cool:

If you live out of this area or if you did not receive a message and would like to come to a Meet & Greet on Sunday Nov 27th....just let me or 96spxpos know your plans. :thumbsup:

Maybe we can watch some American football and have a couple brew(skis).....LOL

Thanks SDB

So far we have 6 people coming.
Joe suggested meeting at lake which is possible if the 2 Northerners can borrow extra skis.

Here is the final info on a meet & greet.

We will meet at Woody's River Roo on Sunday Nov. 27th at *2:30pm*. Meet some new people, watch some football and have a few brew(skis)
We will not be riding, but one person said he might bring his boat if weather is nice.

An area will be reserved under the Seadooforum name.
If you wish to participate then just respond to this post or if at the last minute you decide to come then just show up. But it's best if I can inform them of the possible headcount.

Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill
5717 18th St E, Ellenton, FL 34222
(941) 722-2391

Hi all,
The time has been changed to 2:30 pm in lieu of some of the JJ people wanted to ride their skis there and wanted to be able to ride home in Daylight.

Tiki area outside.

See you there, Tim (wearing a Detroit Tiger cap)

To get this thread a bit more attention, it's being moved to Site News. See you all there :seeya:

Hope to see you there Joe!! Working on the head count now. I know a bunch of them are dieing to come to this one. Should be a good time.

I originally made it for 12-15 people then Kevin posted it on the Jetski Junkie page so when she called back to confirm I upped it to 30-35 people.

Should I raise it again?

PS - I'm looking for a choke cable knob....I hate to pay a ton of shipping for a couple dollar part. Does any one have an extra. Mine cracked the top off then I split the remaining stubby piece trying to remove it. Mine doesn't have a set screw but has a little notch on the thick metal cable. For a 96 GTX....thanks

I originally made it for 12-15 people then Kevin posted it on the Jetski Junkie page so when she called back to confirm I upped it to 30-35 people.

Should I raise it again?

PS - I'm looking for a choke cable knob....I hate to pay a ton of shipping for a couple dollar part. Does any one have an extra. Mine cracked the top off then I split the remaining stubby piece trying to remove it. Mine doesn't have a set screw but has a little notch on the thick metal cable. For a 96 GTX....thanks

I found you one. 25.00. I can pick it up tonight when I go get my other parts if you want. Let me know!

wish i could be there

it would be sweet to head to florida for a ride , but i cant make it, heck ive already winterize mine.

Don't forget Tomorrow the 27th is the meet and greet at Woodys River Roo in Ellenton, Florida.....2:30pm - until it ends.... :)

Very enjoyable meeting all of those that did show up for the meet and greet yesterday. Smaller group than anticipated though. Those who did attend had a good time and the weather was decent for late November. The strong east wind did make the water choppy.

Nice meeting everyone.

YES, it was quite enjoyable meeting everyone.
Thanks to El Toro for the boat ride.

I guess the Jetski Junkies met up the road at "The Kiki Hut" bar........disappointed that they thought ours was only for the SDF people.

Maybe next time we will all get together somewhere.

March 2012 in Lakeland

A couple pics with Seadoobuddy-Tim/Terese, Guitarjsm-John/Paula, El Toro- Tim/Toni.
At "The Gym"

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

Back