Maiden Voyage - 230 challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliem

Maiden Voyage

I picked up my new 09 230 Challenger SE with 510hp this past Friday (5/1/09). Good looking boat the dealer had it waxed and ready to go. Friday was a rainy day in Maryland. I waited until high tide 3:14 PM to launch the boat. I drove it to my pier about 2 miles down the bay and parked it on the lift. It was raining too hard for a ride. About 7:00PM the rain stopped. So away I went, feeling good about my new boat. After about 10 minutes the hot temp light comes on, I blow a hose off one engine. I drove it back on one engine. I was mad because after reading another posting on this forum about loose hoses I asked the dealer to triple check all hoses. Saturday was rainy also, so on Sunday I tried to repair and clamp the hose. After two hours trying to install the hose and getting pissed off. I called the dealer and back we go to the shop (1 ½ hours away). Fortunately the dealer gave me his cell number before we pulled out. He explained that hose needs a special tool to install the hose. Today I called him; he said it’s back together and running. I asked to have it deliver to me this time (no charge) he will sometime this week. He better have it there for a ride this coming weekend.

The story goes like this have the dealer go over all hoses on new boat before you take it.

I will post again after a few rides and talk about the boat. (top speed, handling, … )

Charlie,

Congrats on the new boat. 510hp?.........I cannot imagine how good that thing will perform...It must be breathtaking.

As for your maiden voyage.......Its becoming a common theme. The quality control at BRP isnt all that good in my humble opinion. Many of us have had to work out many gremlins from our new boats. Hopefully you have a good dealer and will address these problems quickly as they arise.

Share pictures when you can.

Craig

510 hp?!!!

Holy Schnikes! 510 Freaking Horsepower?!!! After the break in period, no one is going to see you on the lake. Brings Mazda's Zoom Zoom commercial to a whole new level!!

Yes! Pics please...but prefers video!! Love to see how that boat flies!:cheers:

Yea nice to see that BRP has address this issue that has been going on since 08. You need to Call customer service at BRP and have a service ticket wrote up that way theres documentation on this.
I have 430hp and love it, can't imagine the 510hp WOW. Don't let the dealeer get away with anything. If a flat heated srew drive is a special tool than wow I have special tools:rofl: unless the have changed thing for the 09 my 08 have non special hose clamps.
We won't pics.

PS From me and Craig welcome to the club.:cheers:

Welcome to the seadoo forum Charliem. Keep us posted on the update on your new toy. Pics would be great too.

Karl

The dealer delivered my boat after reinstalling the hose. He also replaced the radio because it did not pickup any stations. So far the dealer (J & J Power Sports) is very good to work with. He does want he says. Question I have for you guys is. Now the right engine is about 500 RPM less than the left. The right one was the one that overheated. Do I have a problem?
Yes, I know you are waiting for pictures of the boat. The weather has not been too good for pictures.

Right engine meaning the starboard side (Driverside)? Is this at all RPM's?
If so next trip out have someone drive at a mild speed at 20 to 25 and have the back lid open and the tray out and look at that starboard engine where the throtle cable connects you will see a round unit and under it is a dial that you can adjust the difference in RPM's.

Tony:cheers:

Yes starboard engine. Should I increase it to match the port side? Why would this have changed? I am going boating this weekend will try this fix.
Thanks

Are the RPMs off when its out of the water too? if it is it's just a simple adjustment like Tony states. Mine did this as well and after the dealer adjusted it its perfect now.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back