LRV 951 - new engine - no water out either pee hole

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

greyrider

Been a while since I have posted- but here is the deal.
2000 LRV 951 carb - Silver engine

Installed rebuilt motor (complete) over the past few weeks.
I took extra care, followed every step, took breaks and re-read everything while I did this.
Motor was done by PWCEngines (could be another thread, but I am very satisfied, got it back in 9 days, helpful on phone, everything so far that I expected, and more).
I started it on the hose (through the stock flush fitting next to reverse cable at rear) to check for leaks prior to dipping and breaking it in.
House water has average pressure outside so not sure if this may be a contributor.

I am getting NO water out either pee-hole.
I only let it run a couple minutes at a time.
I didnt want to overdo it.
How long should it take to reach the tell tales?

3000 rpms on the nose.
When I got close to stick wire in them to check for small obstruction, I could see a very small amount of exhaust fumes coming out for about 10 seconds, then it stopped.

I have done smaller seadoo engine installs but the 951 was a step up for me.

Prior to the new install I did the following as well:

Checked hoses, pipe and all fittings for cracks, rust etc - all fine
-Carbs rebuilt while out.
LS and HS set to specs from manual
-New Fuel lines
-Cleaned selector switch
-new fuel
-went through entire oil pump/cable etc
-bled oil lines after install

The hoses that all go to the pipe are all different lengths, and appear to be correctly attached, since they cant reach the wrong fittings?
They match the shop and parts manual

Pipe is cool to touch.
Head is very warm ( I can hold my hand on it without any pain).

Water exiting rear as normal

No smoke in hull or visible around engine.

No water leaks anywhere inside hull.
I have looked at every cooling schematice and searched forever, but I cant tell if the backflush ever pushes far enough to pee.

Summary of questions I guess:

How long will it take for the water to fill before it makes it up past the regulator and out the pee holes?
Does it actually go back throught he head to the T before it can get enough pressure to get to the regulator to pee?

Hope I gave enough info (and not too much yapping).

Thanks in advance

Bobby

Depending on the engine and water pressure/flow in your hose bib, it could take 10-20 seconds and be very light or not at all. As long as its coming out the bottom/back on the hose and te engine and pipe aren't too hot, you should be ok, just pay close attention to the pee hole when you put it in the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back