Low and High speed adjustment screw settings?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I mistakenly turned the Low and High speed adjustment screws on my carb and now I can't seem to get them back to the right settings. The carb is a stock carb on a 1995 SPi.

Please help me get the settings right. I know I must seat the screws and then back them out to the proper setting. Right now the ski will start and idle fine. In the water under a load the ski will immediately bog and stall.

Thanks in advance for the help!

A Big Thank You

My service manual did not mention what to set the High screw to. One more thing, will I need to tinker with this again if I still have problems?
Thanks

Nope. Just take it to the dealer :). I tinker with mine so much I thought about getting it named tinker toy.

BTW: Do you still have stock air box on this? If so the factory settings will be fine. If not you will want to adjust accordingly.

Everything is stock

Just thought that the low speed screw might need a fine adjustment after I get it set to factory. I'll try it out and see how she runs. Thanks for the help.

Pretty much all the seadoo boats have the same standard settings. You usually never have to adjust the High speed screw adjustment, from the "0" setting. It has a plastic cap that only allows for a 1/4 turn adjustment if needed. The low speed screw might need a little adjustment depending on how it runs. Be sure both carbs are in sync after adjustment. The seadoo dealer most likely will charge 1 hr. service to do the adjustment @ $99.00 per hr.

Karl

95 Spi still doesn't run with low speed screw set at 1 and 1/4 turns out

Very frustrating! I am certain she ran fine prior to cleaning the carb. I mistakenly changed the low speed screw setting and now that I have reset it, she idles fine but dies as soon as you hit the throttle. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

no run off idle

When you say clean the carb did you take it apart and rebuild? Is it getting rich/flooding out when under load? Does it do this no matter if you ease into it or go from idle to wot?

When it dies, pull the plugs and see if they are wet. I am betting you have it running too rich and flooding it out.

I just did this this weekend. Accidentally (blindly) turned the low speed on the front carb while trying to adjust idle. Then just took it all apart to set them both back to stock, rode it a few minutes and knew I needed to lean it out. Bogged and slow on takeoff, but ran fine after you got out of the hole. I ended up with 1 turn out for low speed (I do not mess with high speed screw).

So short answer is YES, you may very well likely have to readjust after you put it in the water the first time until it runs right.

I found the problem!

I feel pretty stupid, but hey. I didn't have to take it to the dealer and pay them to make me feel stupid!!!!:):):)

OK, so it idled fine, but would quickly die with some throttle. I adjusted the low speed screw in a 1/4 turn, no better. Out a 1/4 turn, maybe a bit better. Still stalled with any aggressive throttle.

I pulled one plug. It looked very wet! I thought, how can it be that wet and still run????? I pulled the other plug, it looked great!!!!

I checked to make sure that the wet plug had spark. Yep!

So, feeling stupid, I went and bought 2 new plugs and now she runns just great. I am using the low speed setting of 1 and 1/4 turns out and 0 for the high speed screw.

I never would have believed it could run on one plug, cause man, the other plug sure was fouled pretty bad.

Thanks for all the help. I feel great.

Please spare me any insults:stupid::stupid::stupid: about how I should always start with the basics. You have all been a great help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your not gonna get any sarcastic comments here in the seadoo forum. I don't think anybody in the forum is perfect. We all learn from our mistakes and use that knowledge to help others. Glad you got it running right. Let us know if we can help out any more.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back