Loss of rpm under load - 2010 Wake Pro 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sg_gear

Hi All

I own a 2010 Wake Pro 215 with only 50hrs on it and suddenly when in the water it wont exceed 5400rpm or go past 60kmph (It will rev past 5400rpm out of the water). The forums I have read suggest the main issues for such a large loss of power is the supercharger or jet pump but the seadoo dealer has taken both of them appart and confirmed there is no issue with either and all the bearings, clutch, washers and seals are fine and it must be something in the engine.

The ski runs fine in the water, no engine lights or fault codes etc and no terrible noise like a rod knocking. The engine does has a slight noise the seadoo dealer says isn't normal so it could be a bearing that's gone inside. The Ski has been flipped once a while back before the issue for like 30 seconds before rolling it back over but no water ever entered the hull or the engine. Recently when serviced the engine had one normal brown spark plug, one black oily plug and one white burnt one.

So my question is what issue in the actual engine could cause such a loss in rpm and power, could a failed bearing really cause this? Or does anyone else have another ideas of potential issues the engine could have that would cause this?

Cheers

Unlikely that a failing engine bearing will cause a loss of power like that. Your dealer should do a leak down test on the motor. Intercooler leak will cause poor performance like you describe and can cause one plug to go black or wet.

Thanks, I'll make sure he does a leak down test and checks the intercooler. Iv been reading the stock intercoolers on these can fail even with low hours especially in salt water so I hope that's the real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back