Loss of power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdub

03 utopia with the 240 loses power after about 1200rpm...posted it before...could it be the wear ring causing loss of power...

What happens if you goose the throttle from 1200 to about 3/4?

Since 1200rpm is idle speed, you don't have a lot of power available. Can you elaborate?

Fires up no problem...put er in forward and she only putts along...give it more gas it just stumbles along..

No the rpm increases

The wear ring is not the problem. It is engine related.

Is it firing on all 6? Need 6 spark testers to tell.

Check the insulation on the trigger where the wires come out from under the flywheel. Crumbling or good?

What is the compression on all 6? Need to check with fully charged battery at WOT. All spark plugs out.

Visual on the plugs while they are out. Black/oily or white/dry.

Do you have a throttle guardian in drivers helm box? Disconnect black with yellow stripe wire and test in the water again.

What is the battery voltage while running? The ECM does not do well on low voltage.
Check all the ground wires. There are art least 3.

When was the last time the fuel filters were changed? Strainer at bottom of pickup tube, screwed into lift pump, large spin-on.

I believe you have a newer style TPS. Have you checked its function? It controls air-fuel mixture to about 3/4 throttle. How much does it smoke as you advance the throttle? What is the fuel pressure- engine running and engine off. When you turn the key OFF, pressure should drop slowly.

Do you have water coming out of the pee hole? Should flow any time the engine is above idle.

Have you ever had ignition timing checked?

Didnt think so....lol took it to the marina....cant go another year....i will repost when i get a call...

Got some feedback....boat didnt have spec'd plugs and one boot was bad...compression is at 120 across all plugs...and boat is overheating now...hes getting back into it this week..will keep the board posted...

Another update and looking for feedback....mechanic hooked boat up to computer and was given a error code stating a bad map sensor...put a new one in...ran like a dream for 40 secs and died...computer gave the same error ...going to put another map sensor in tomorrow.

Mechanic says that if it fails again it could be a bad boat computer which would cost 2600 for just the unit.....

Anyone think of anyother issues causing this??

Or...might have a parts boat for sale!!

Another update and looking for feedback....mechanic hooked boat up to computer and was given a error code stating a bad map sensor...put a new one in...ran like a dream for 40 secs and died...computer gave the same error ...going to put another map sensor in tomorrow.

Mechanic says that if it fails again it could be a bad boat computer which would cost 2600 for just the unit.....

Anyone think of anyother issues causing this??

Or...might have a parts boat for sale!!
I'd check/confirm the map sensor circuit (wiring) is good. And that the new sensor itself is actually bad already, if possible.

Not yet...the mechanic has had the boat all summer (literally)..im heading up next weekend...

The only update i received isvthat is has blown through 2 map sensors...he seemed to think that it could have been computer, which is what I'll find out this week...i hope..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back