Looks like Quicksilver is changing the bottle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mashenden

I just picked up some 2 cycle full synthetic at WM today and they had one black bottle with the pink on the label that references API-TC. All of the other bottles in the same area/price were gray, say "FULL SYNTHETIC" and have the exact same UPC # as the black/pink bottle, but does not mention API-TC (or any other type-odd).

A bit concerning, but given the exact same UPC #, price and is full syn, I took the chance that it really is the same stuff.

If anyone knows conclusively this is not API-TC, please let us know (no guessing, please :))

[Edit: Original part # for black/pink bottle was 92-858036Q01. Part # on new bottle is 92-8M0058908)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to go buy some myself today. When I get back I'll let you know what I find.

According to WM webpage and also what I have found in the store, they now only carry the full synthetic, I've been using the synthetic blend in my 96GTI. Everything else I use XPS2 full synthetic.

Lou

Yep, that's it, I just did a search and it didn't come up, huh. I didn't find it in the store either, but it's out of season here.

Added, it's O.K. for your 96SPI but your other ski's you should use full synthetic.

Lou

riding season all year round down here!!! honestly, i haven't purchased a bottle since like oct, but i think it's still on shelves

riding season all year round down here!!!:reddevil:

Yea, yea, rub it in, go ahead and rub salt in the wound. :ban:

Lou

riding season all year round down here!!!:reddevil:

Yea, yea, rub it in, go ahead and rub salt in the wound. :ban:

Lou

lol, if i were banned from seadooforum, it would prob only help me, I would save time from the forums, and also i would face so many problems with my skis, i'd get so frustrated with them, and get rid of all of them. Honestly, this forum is the only reason i still have skis, thanks everybody!

now, back on topic :)

I was in walmart yesterday and they had a full synthetic oil that said it was for Seadoo's. Was a black and yellow bottle. They had the other TCW3 stuff as well. Same price as all the other stuff too.

This stuff.
92-858036Q01_lg.jpg

I was in walmart yesterday and they had a full synthetic oil that said it was for Seadoo's. Was a black and yellow bottle. They had the other TCW3 stuff as well. Same price as all the other stuff too.

This stuff.
View attachment 17492

x2. This is what I use as well, I just like that it is Full Synthetic and almost all walmarts I have been to carry them, cheaper than the seadoo xps2 as well... I wanna say like 36 a gallon

the oil in the black and yellow bottle sold in the gallon and quart is what has been sold here in Oklahoma for years, however, when I went to get some the other day it's now in a silver bottle with a differant lable. From what I can tell all they did is change the packaging, all the spec's are still the same.

In my 96 GSX which I conveted to pre-mix I run quicksilver full synthetic. My local stealership has priced the seadoo oil out of my price range for how much I ride. I will be the first to tell you I am by no means an expert like several of the guys on here, but in the 800 you want to run a full synthetic. If you are talking about non-seadoo brand you can find thread's that go on forever about different brands and thoughts. I found a brand that is affordable and always in stock that is full synthetic and stick with it because mixing oil can cause problems. (don't ask me how I know) Lol

The Quicksilver PWC oil is fine, however be sure it's API-TC rated, use the synthetic blend for 717's and smaller anything with rave valves, 787 and larger use full synthetic.

I use BRP XPS2 full synthetic.

Lou

WTH? "Looks like Quicksilver is changing the bottle" was closed

Any idea why the thread "Looks like Quicksilver is changing the bottle" was closed? This matter was just heating up.

People are finding that the black bottle with a yellow and pink label, is changing to gray with a teal label - still full synthetic. If this really is the same (same price, same UPC, different part #), it sure makes it harder to identify it from the blends and other options. The concern being the new bottle is not noted as being API-TC.

If anyone knows conclusively this is not API-TC, please let us know.

Part # for black/yellow/pink bottle is 92-858036Q01
92-858036Q01_lg.jpg
Part # for new gray/teal bottle is 92-8M0058908
92-8M0058908.jpg

regarding the old thread closed.... i'm confused.

I must be slacking, I haven't seen a single thread before that one regarding the changing of the bottle. Of course the whole oil subject itself has been beat up for years.

beating-dead-horse%202.gif

but if the bottle has been changed, its worth noting.

Any idea why the thread "Looks like Quicksilver is changing the bottle" was closed? This matter was just heating up.

People are finding that the black bottle with a yellow and pink label, is changing to gray with a teal label - still full synthetic. If this really is the same (same price, same UPC, different part #), it sure makes it harder to identify it from the blends and other options. The concern being the new bottle is not noted as being API-TC.

If anyone knows conclusively this is not API-TC, please let us know.

Part # for black/yellow/pink bottle is 92-858036Q01
View attachment 17498
Part # for new gray/teal bottle is 92-8M0058908
View attachment 17497

The walmart I went to had both. Weird.

Sorry guys, I'm hanging my head in shame.

Lou
LOL - No problem, Lou. I thought maybe I had unintentionally crossed some sacred line:)

regarding the old thread closed.... i'm confused.

I must be slacking, I haven't seen a single thread before that one regarding the changing of the bottle. Of course the whole oil subject itself has been beat up for years.

[cool dead horse 'toon]

but if the bottle has been changed, its worth noting.

This is definitely a new horse to beat. A gray one!

The walmart I went to had both. Weird.
Same here, but only one remaining black bottle and the rest (20 or so) are gray - $37.50. The one black bottle is what caught my eye. The gray "full synthetic" bottles here in VA make no mention of being API-TC, hence the concern. Yours??

It seems a bit odd that the Quicksilver web page does not mention this grade of oil (neither black or gray full syn bottles). Also, a search of "PWC" and/or "API-TC" on their webpage yields no match either. As much as I'd like to trust this stuff and the Quicksilver brand, I am wondering if they are not overly sure of it themselves.

Same here, but only one remaining black bottle and the rest (20 or so) are gray - $37.50. The one black bottle is what caught my eye. The gray "full synthetic" bottles here in VA make no mention of being API-TC, hence the concern. Yours??

Also it seems a bit odd that the Quicksilver web page does not mention this grade of oil and a search of "PWC" and/or "API-TC" yields no match either. As much as I'd like to trust this stuff and the Quicksilver brand, I am wondering if they are not overly sure of it themselves.

Yup gray bottle said nothing about API-TC. I didn't look too closely or even pick up the gray bottles. I did pick up the black and it had all the right things you'd think it should have. It also specified for use in Seadoo's. I'm thinking that full synthetic is a new synthetic TCW3, and your walmart was just running low on the seadoo stuff. Mine had a ton of both in. Both were the same price.

... I'm thinking that full synthetic is a new synthetic TCW3, and your walmart was just running low on the seadoo stuff. Mine had a ton of both in. Both were the same price.
Crap, I hope not. I did see (using google) where some marine supply houses are saying that part # 92-8M0058908 supersedes 92-858036Q01 (which was the black bottle).

It sure would be nice if this was not so freakin' complicated, particularly after cleaning out the tank and replacing the filter :banghead:

The new bottle indicates "low smoke/low odor" and "Exceeds JASO FD and ISO EGD", whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back