looking for someone local who can possibly help me with my 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what i found in the hull im not sure if some are spares maybe from the mechanic dropping them and just grabbing another he had but i pulled all these out,the rubber gromet idk where it came from the only one i kno is the short thick one from the exhaust manifold where it goes into pipe thats the only one i know for certain where it goes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The 4 long screws look like the ones that go in the Carbs and bolt them to the intake.

The middle one looks like one off the starter for the ground tests if its a 10mm the other one looks like the one that goes to the bracket that holds the exhaust.

I could be wrong on all , hard to tell on just that pic and not seeing anything.

well for sure the short thick one goes on exhaust it holds the pipe on,i think the hex head goes where the pipe starts to make its curve and goes towards the back of ski.then if i look down wher pipe runs along engine theres two missing there,as for the other 2 long ones and the short skinny one i have no clue nor the grommet either

Dang who ever put that motor back on did not take time and with extra screws just put them in the hull lol. Idk what else to say. If it were my ski. Is check compression if good I would pull jet pump pull driveshaft and then pull motor and make sure all is tight and find were bolts are missing. Then put it back right.

Do not know but where do you hang out in Florida, let me know if you ever want to let go of that GTX, love that ski.

ok so i finally made it out and rode the ski,came back with bad results.from the get go i noticed the engine shook alot more then the 97 i have but it still rode fine had lots of power actually felt stronger then the 97.well after few hours i notcied the ski felt heavy i couldnt pop the seat off cuz i had my kid onboard so i went back in took seat off and hull was taking water it was almost to the top of the battery so i pulled it out pulled plugs cranked on it to make sure it didnt take any water in carbs didnt see any come out at all.as i cranked it i noticed engine shook more so i looked around and all the bolts that hold the pipe down all came out,the nut on the exhaust manifold fell off too.i pulled on the motor and it feels somewhat lose i tried tightening the motor mount but seems its bottomed out.i know for sure thats why all the bolts came out just cant figure out where the vibration is coming from.i found where 3 of the 4 bolts go back but just cant find that one just yet.

Alright..... any ski is going to vibrate alot just like you are having .... but.... the reasont that your bolts are coming loose is due to the person that replaced your crank.. he probubly never used loctite on anything and as you are rididng the engine is vibrating all the bolts loose....I would take it back to him and shove it up his A** if i were you then pull it back out and redo it all over again....... By that i mean go through everybolt that he loosened on it..... You are getting more vibration than normal because of your mounts being loose .... you said that when you try to tighten the mounts they just bottom out correct??? If so be prepared to pull the engine you need all of therm tight and in working order....

Brock...remember this thread is almost 4 months old. He never posted the final results of his findings.

Banone - I go to Bradenton/Sarasota area. Where is Melbourne?

YUP, I love her too. It may not be the fastest ski (57mph on the gauge) on the water but it's stable with 2-3 people on it.
I can still do 360's with it if I get daring enough.
Lots of people want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
whooooops never took the time to look at how old the thread was so i guess the ball is in his court till he posts back his findings but good job guys on leading him the right way through this i read the whole thing and everyone here did a great job staying in the proper troubleshooting order.... thumbs up to all of ya :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melbourne is opposite coast from Sarasota straight east of Orlando, hope this guy got his ski worked out. Hate to see a ski go bad because a mechanic was to lazy to do things right.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back