Looking for Sea Doo boat mechanic in Seattle area

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scar

Hello,

I recently just purchased a Speedster 200 Wake 430 and am looking for a reliable mechanic in the greater Seattle area to take it to for maintenance, etc.

Any recommendations?

I swung by I-90 Motorsports and the guy at the service counter said they no longer work on boats, yet there was one in the shop that they were working on... I have not reached out to Lynnwood Motoplex, but thought that I'd rather hear from others in the area and who they recommend.

Cheers,
Steve

Hey Steve,

I'm kinda surprised that I-90 Motorsports wouldn't work on the boat. I would of definitely thought they would have. I've taken my sea doo there and they were pretty good.

I live up in Lynnwood and go to Motoplex and they seem pretty helpful and good. I haven't used their service department yet but when I need to take mine in I'll be going to them. Another one that is probably worth calling and getting a quote is Ride Motorsports in Woodinville. They would probably also work on your boat.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but best of luck. Hopefully the weather gets better so you can enjoy your new boat!

Gonzocox,

Yeah I was a bit surprised as well, I talked to one of their service guys a few days before about what gas to run in the boat and mentioned that I would be bringing the boat to them for servicing and he did not say anything about not working on them. BTW he recommend supreme Ethanol Free, which you can get across the street from them at the Grange.

I would Expect Lynnwood Motoplex may as they did sell the Sea Doo boats and still sell the PWC and Ski-Doo's along with Yamaha Boats, sleds, etc.

As for Ride, I used to take my Ski Doo's there and I asked them about the boats and they said they did not service nor sell them. Probably due to their smaller service area and the difficulty getting boats into that area, along with parts issues.

I've reached out to my long time auto mechanic for recommendations on reputable boat shops and will work it from that angle.

I'm also looking at getting trim tabs installed to reduce the porpoising.

Cheers,
Steve

I wish that gas station was closer up here. It's a bit of a drive to get down there. Washington is a little short of ethanol free stations.

Hopefully either your mechanic friend or Motoplex will work out for you.

Best of luck on it all!

Terry

I found a shop a little ways north up at the Smokey Point exit off of I-5. (North Marysville) It is called Speedway Marine and they did a great job at fair rates. Tony and his son appear to be the primary folks there.

I asked around and the other reputable Marine repair shops send their Sea-Doo type work Tony's way. I believe they also work on Ski-Doo and other snowmobiles as well.

I got my boat in to them and they were able to get my stuff done and even provided extra data about my boat!

Sweet! I'm glad you found a place that worked out for you and your boat. They do sound like they are a pretty good shop.

When I do have to bring mine in, I'll probably keep them in mind for sure. Since the last post I haven't been the happiest with Motoplex.

Just keep in mind, like any good shop, they have a backlog. Worth noting is I believe the son races Sea-Doo's and I believe they are not forced to use Sea-Doo parts, so I believe you can have aftermarket "upgrades" done as well.

Tell them you heard about them from this site.

Back