Looking for advice.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgardner928

So my rpm gauge has two connectors. One with 3 wires..and the other has 1.

My assumption is the one wire connector is the tach wire that comes from the MPEM.

But what are the other three wires doing to the RPM gauge? Is my assumption of the one wire connector correct? What if I disconnect the gray wire all together, will the RPM gauge work as normal? I can buy replacement RPM gauges, tach wires I have never seen replacement of. And I'm having a problem with the RPM gauge sticking at 5000

I have swapped the gauges and it moves. So it leads me to believe its not the gauge.

On the flip side. My speedo isn't at zero when off. And neither rpm sits at the same place. Do I need to replace all three gauges?

Attachments

• 20190303_120936.jpg
    20190303_120936.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190303_115827.jpg
    20190303_115827.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 17
What model boat is it? I’d have to see a wiring diagram for that particular boat to see what it’s supposed to be. Generally the purple and black wires are power from the MPEM, and are daisy chained through the other gauges, but I’m not sure whether the blue wire or the grey wire is the tach signal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back