Lithium batteries?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digdog

Anyone using Lithium batteries in their ski? I need to replace the lead acid battery and wouldn't mind saving a little weight, just worried about them melting down and any other problems they might have. Please post your experiences if you have any.

I use one in my superjet to offset the weight savings on the left side from the aftermarket exhaust. The savings is only like 5-10lbs. Man is it powerful though.

I have a ballistic. You also never trickle charge lithium’s.

Too much impact vibration. Use an AGM sealed battery. Lasts a long time. Harley motorcycles kill those light weight batteries.

I have one in my dirt bike and there is a lot of vibration. Most new dirt bikes are coming from the factory with them. I love mine, light weight, cranks fast and never needed a charge but good ones are expensive.

I have one in my dirt bike and there is a lot of vibration. Most new dirt bikes are coming from the factory with them. I love mine, light weight, cranks fast and never needed a charge but good ones are expensive.

X2. A motors vibrations are not what’s going to kill those batteries.

I run them in all my street bikes. And like miki is saying, dirt bikes come factory with them. Just get a ballistic or other reputable battery if you want to try it. Theres no downsides other that cost and that they’re not the best in freezing temps.

I have only used the Shorai and on New Year’s Eve 2 years ago it was snowing. On the first crank it was slow, waited 20 seconds and it fired to life immediately. In cold temperatures you have to “warm” lithium batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back