Life jacket for a very tall and large fellow

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dsw222

I bought some cheap Overton's life jackets to toss on my Challenger to be legal, and I figure I probably will never use them anyways so I didn't really care about the fit. Now, i bought my first jetski and I look like a fool wearing the Overton's one because it is wayyyy too short for me

So.... Any suggestions on a vest for a 6'8 300 pound guy with a big frame and shoulders? I don't have a big belly or anything... I'm just large... so the length of the vest is the main problem for me

Any tips or direction would be appreciated! Thanks guys

you could try going to walmart.
They have a neoprene one w/a zipper and 3 buckle on.
or
Try a bass pro shop if there's one in your area.
Otherwise dealer would be option

you could try going to walmart.
They have a neoprene one w/a zipper and 3 buckle on.
or
Try a bass pro shop if there's one in your area.
Otherwise dealer would be option

Unfortunately I missed the life jacket season at the walmarts up here in PA... they arent selling them until spring/summer

I will try to check out some marinas around here, but we dont have much of a selection

What part of miami do you live in? My girlfriend's brother lives on west ave in miami beach... i love it down there

Unfortunately I missed the life jacket season at the walmarts up here in PA... they arent selling them until spring/summer

I will try to check out some marinas around here, but we dont have much of a selection

What part of miami do you live in? My girlfriend's brother lives on west ave in miami beach... i love it down there

I live as NW of him close to Miramar.
I trailer to 79thST Causeway and go north to Haulover Sandbar
Dealer will have better selection of colors/sizes/styles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tall life vest for big and tall men

I bought some cheap Overton's life jackets to toss on my Challenger to be legal, and I figure I probably will never use them anyways so I didn't really care about the fit. Now, i bought my first jetski and I look like a fool wearing the Overton's one because it is wayyyy too short for me

So.... Any suggestions on a vest for a 6'8 300 pound guy with a big frame and shoulders? I don't have a big belly or anything... I'm just large... so the length of the vest is the main problem for me

Any tips or direction would be appreciated! Thanks guys

It is 2016 and HO Sports, a division of Hyperlite, just released a tall oversized life vest that is 3 inches longer than regular life vests. They have it from XL-TALL all the way to size 5XL-TALL. It is the only recognized name brand TALL life vest on the market for watersports. Overtons is a vender of waterski equipment, but not recognized as a name brand manufacturer for life vests. I would go with a name brand such as HO Sports because it guarantees US Coast Guard compliance with the full flotation needed for big and tall men.

You can find the vests by putting into Google: HO Sports Tall Nylon Life Vest.

Other quality brands such as Connelly may follow in 2017, but they will be slow to bring these to market because it costs a lot of money to get US Coast Guard certification on a life vest with a different set of dimensions and sizes such as 3XL-TALL, 4XL-TALL, and 5XL-TALL.

Hyperlite now has a TALL neoprene life jacket

Hyperlite just released a tall neoprene life jacket for 2017, sizes available 2XL-TALL, 3XL-TALL, and the largest 4XL-TALL. Search for it on google: Hyperlite Tall Neoprene Life Vest 2017.

Yes HO Sports has them but they are not shown on the HO Sports website and you can only get them thru waterskiworld this year. Hyperlite started making them this year in sizes up to 4XL-TALL, but again, you cant see them on the Hyperlite website. Have to search for it and find the dealers selling them. You can tell the difference between the Tall Indy vest and the Regular Indy Vest because the the TALL has fewer logos than the regular Indy Life Vest in Blue.

I feel ya bro. I'm 6'4" and 280lbs (mostly fat) . I bought a men's 2XL by O'rageous from Academy Sports and I like the way it fits. Granted you're probably taller on the torso but just throwing that out there as an option.

Back