Let’s see if any of you smart guys can get this one!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

First_Doo

Ok, just got back from attempting to take the family out to the local anchor swim spot. 1 km off shore while going about 25km/hr the engine suddenly quit (as if something stopped the impeller quickly) restarted within 30 seconds with no issue. However there was a rattling sound and a bit of a rough feel. It did not feel engine related, more in the jet drive. But these units are so noisy it’s hard to pinpoint. We babies it all the way back, got it home and checked for debris, nothing found.
Any ideas?
It starts in the driveway fine and revs fine, but again it’s so loud you can’t hear anything specific.
Help appreciated.

2000 challenger 2000 merc

Ok, just got back from attempting to take the family out to the local anchor swim spot. 1 km off shore while going about 25km/hr the engine suddenly quit (as if something stopped the impeller quickly) restarted within 30 seconds with no issue. However there was a rattling sound and a bit of a rough feel. It did not feel engine related, more in the jet drive. But these units are so noisy it’s hard to pinpoint. We babies it all the way back, got it home and checked for debris, nothing found.
Any ideas?
It starts in the driveway fine and revs fine, but again it’s so loud you can’t hear anything specific.
Help appreciated.

2000 challenger 2000 merc
Check your kill switch it could be going bad. My boat started cutting out unexpectedly and then it would take longer longer to restart it. Doctor Honda finally turned me on to the kill switch. It solved my problem. Just disconnect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back