Legal Requirements for Putting Seadoo in Water in Texas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I know I don't have to take the "Boater Education" classes (due to being born before the date, whatever it is) and I know the Seadoos (2) have to have current registration and have the "TX" numbers displayed. Life jacket, fire extinguisher.

What else?

Here is a TX FAQ, many questions will be answered at the following link.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/learning/boater_education/

I've read all the reference material. Despite that, I am still concerned that after spending all the time and energy in getting the boats in the water, I could end up in serious legal jeopardy because I haven't got "x" (whatever that may be).

At this point, what I think I need is:

1) Current registration
2) Displayed boat number ("TX number")
3) Life Preserver
4) fire extinguisher
5) Don't need "Boater Education" because I was born before the "cut-off date".

Is there anyone here from Texas that can confirm this is all I need to worry about? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Generally, the Coast Guard auxiliary gives complementary inspections. Call them and find out what they look for.

Just get the list from the web page.. Your list is good, just add a sound producing device (whistle) and a distress flag. You don't need flairs cause you can't ride it at night, and don't bother putting lights on it cause night time riding on pwc is illegal. Most of the time if you get stopped as long as your not acting like an A$$, the coast guard or locals will work with you if your missing something. Go have fun and be safe!

I've read all the reference material. Despite that, I am still concerned that after spending all the time and energy in getting the boats in the water, I could end up in serious legal jeopardy because I haven't got "x" (whatever that may be).

At this point, what I think I need is:

1) Current registration
2) Displayed boat number ("TX number")
3) Life Preserver
4) fire extinguisher
5) Don't need "Boater Education" because I was born before the "cut-off date".

Is there anyone here from Texas that can confirm this is all I need to worry about? Is there anything else I'm missing?

The above is all you need. I've had my 2 jetski's in the water all year north of DFW.

I do strongly recommend taking the Boaters safety course as it has some really good info. I made both my kids and their friends get it before they could drive them.

Hope this helps. Have fun on to he water. Where are you going to put them in?

If I remember every thing on that list is right plus some identification is drivers license.

Back