left engine loses rpms, continuous beep- then overheats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave475

this is a 2006 utopia with twin rotax engines. above 6000 rpm the left engine loses rpms, then the buzzer goes off, and the overheat light comes on. i shut down the engine, wait a few minutes, start it up, and it comes on only to do the same thing. at lower rpms, the buzzer comes on after a longer period of running it. The mechanic looked at it, said it was a low oil pressure problem, said it was ok, and when i picked up the boat it did the same thing. it was as if they never fixed anything. the service dept seems stumped.

I hate to say it... but most shops won't put your boat in the water to actually check what the problem is... or to see if they fixed it.

If you are overheating... then you need to look into it before there is a problem.

I would open the cooling system, and male sure it's full. (not just at the overflow bottle) Also, I would open the bleed screws to make sure there aren't any air bubbles trapped. Then finally, I would verify that the water is pumping thought the system. You could have a bad water pump.

Needless to say... you need to check the hoses that feed the exhaust system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back