Leave pwc in water?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randypape

Hello I'll be at buddies place on lake and was wondering if it's ok to leave my 1996 Fri in the water for 3 days once I launch It? I've only went out for day trip to this point and would blow the water out of it on the trailer when done.do I have to do anything special leaving in the water? Thanks for any advice. Randy

Auto bilge is a good idea I left my 2 skies in the bay and neither of them have auto bilge they were in over night and they were fine until we came back from the beach late in the afternoon and the one ski was on the bottom of the bay the one hose in the back picked a bad time to give out I believe it was for the exhaust which was a rare thing to happen other wise the ski would have been fine I don't think even auto bilge would have worked good enough in this situation we brought the ski to the surface fogged and it start write up fixed the hose and it was fine and the other ski doesn't have auto bilge either and they were fine the rest of the week

What comes stock in the Gti?
I think there's some kind of bilge pumps or something back by the
Drive shaft on each side. How do they work. Thanks Randy

I believe them bilge pumps work as the motor is going the auto bilge pumps are the pumps you install and they activate as soon as they get wet so if your ski is just floating in the water and water gets in as soon as the pump gets wet it will start pumping

I leave my gsx in the lake all summer. It's a boat and is ok in the water. As long as you have no leaks. Which I don't. I bring it out twice a year for a wash

The stock bailers only work when the engine is running. Some people add an automatic electric bilge pump but it will only last as long as your battery has a charge. If you have any leaks like the driveshaft seal it isn't a good idea to leave it floating unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back