Leaked Oil on Cylinder Head Cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandy34

Hi everyone, sorry if this is a bit confusing as it’s my first post.

Recently purchased a ‘96 Seadoo Challenger (single 787) and replaced RAVE guillotines and all the springs and plastics with them.

I’ve noticed that i’m accumulating a lot of oil build up (possibly fuel mixed with it too) on top of my cylinder head cover, near the top of the RAVE valves. I’m not sure where the leak is coming from.

Have a bunch of time on my hands this week and figured I’d take care of it now. I’ll attach pics of what i’m referring too. Anything helps!

Thanks

Attachments

• DC316BB1-0F2F-4346-B594-99764CF7EAB1.jpeg
    DC316BB1-0F2F-4346-B594-99764CF7EAB1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 58C5CD2D-D8A2-4701-ACAE-40D9A4ECE300.jpeg
    58C5CD2D-D8A2-4701-ACAE-40D9A4ECE300.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
THe oil and black stuff is from your RAVE Valves. You need to replace the gaskets, o-rings and bellows. OSD Seadoo sells a complete kit.

If that is water on the head shell coming out? Then it's your head o-rings. These use o-rings for the head not gaskets.

THe oil and black stuff is from your RAVE Valves. You need to replace the gaskets, o-rings and bellows. OSD Seadoo sells a complete kit.

If that is water on the head shell coming out? Then it's your head o-rings. These use o-rings for the head not gaskets.

Thanks for the reply mikidymac! The water on there is just from me rinsing the oil off after putting some degreaser on. I’ll order new gaskets (etc..) and try to replace them and see if that helps.

Best,
Vandy

Make sure the bellows are seated all the way on the housings as well. That’s quite a bit of oil, so you may have one that’s loose at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back