Larger battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorc5505

Hi everyone I have a Challenger 180 and currently a Walmart 24dc.

I recently came across a super cheap brand new 27dc which is 1.75 inches longer than a 24dc.

I am wondering if our boats can accommodate a battery this size?

Would I need to cut my battery tray?
Could I get a new battery tray?

My boat is in storage so I am not able to check for myself unfortunately.

Super cheap and brand new may not be the best for those wholesale batteries, once activated they begin deteriorating. For me longevity of everstart batteries were hit or miss.

It is a brand new Interstate battery that is blemished. Purchasing it right from the interstate store.

I may actually take it back and get a 31 size as it is only 1/4 inch larger than the 27.

It is a brand new Interstate battery that is blemished. Purchasing it right from the interstate store.

I may actually take it back and get a 31 size as it is only 1/4 inch larger than the 27.

Good deal :thumbs-up: Interstate and duralast have worked good for me.

Good deal :thumbs-up: Interstate and duralast have worked good for me.

Yes actually got a 24 and 27 for 55 each! And I believe the 31 is 55 also.

That's why I'm wondering the biggest size I can fit in there basically.

Does anybody know how the current battery tray is attached to the boat?!

I see I can buy a bigger tray for about 20 dollars but am not sure how I would remove the old one or attach the new one without looking at it.

Yes actually got a 24 and 27 for 55 each! And I believe the 31 is 55 also.

That's why I'm wondering the biggest size I can fit in there basically.

Does anybody know how the current battery tray is attached to the boat?!

I see I can buy a bigger tray for about 20 dollars but am not sure how I would remove the old one or attach the new one without looking at it.

Looked at the diaphragm for the assembly and looks like its held in place with 8 M6 X 25s applied with loctite 243 looked up part number in tray but can't seem to find the dimensions for it.

Looked at the diaphragm for the assembly and looks like its held in place with 8 M6 X 25s applied with loctite 243 looked up part number in tray but can't seem to find the dimensions for it.

Wow. I looked at the same diagram and was too excited looking for the dimensions of the battery tray part number to realize they had the screws on there too.

Thank you. That helps tremendously

According to the service manual, the dimensions are 10 3/4" long, 7" wide and 8 5/8" tall. See attached photo. Manual indicates 12V group 24 marine batteries.

ownersmanualbattery-specsandsize.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back