lack of sea doo boats on the australian market

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ren1

Hi all,

So i am new to this site and unfortunately not an owner of a sea doo boat yet, but in the market for one.
I have got my eye on the 2009-2012 180 challenger or 180 challenger se with the 255hp engine models and have been browsing the net like crazy to see whats out there, but must say unfortunately there seems to be a lack of sea doo boats sold in Australia, so far Ive been able to find 3 of them around the 30-35k mark of which 2 are already gone.
So while i was browsing and so on i realized that the USA market has so much more to offer in variety of the models that i have been looking at and not to mention the 10k price difference.
Now i know there is costs, warranty and so on issues with importing and by the time you pay for freight etc the price difference wouldn't be much but the only thing that has me drawn to importing is the huge choice of sea doo boats. So my question is, is there a place in AU where there is more of a choice of sea doo boats or where they can perhaps get some in as i would like to buy from the local market for the purpose of warranty and begin able to see/test the boat before buying it, or is my option limited and it would seem that importing one could be an option.

You are going to struggle to find secondhand ones anywhere locally, beware overseas ones may come in with painted trailers. You will need a gal trailer if your looking to put in the bay. The C180 for sale up in harvey bay (member off here) is a good buy and worth a drive. Also imports will need around 1500 of work to get them upto local ADR spec and registered here in VIC.

Back