Keeping beer cold

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

crisso

I am from australia and was wondering what you guys in the cold,or warm ,do, to chill the beer.
At the moment it's a bit cool but the beer still needs to go in the fridge.
What do you do when it get's below zero.Turn the fridge off and stick it in the backyard?
It never gets that cold here.I have a fridge running all year round.And its the beer fridge.2 actually.One in the downstairs and the other in the man cave.I have alot of Dodropins
Got a big one we turn on for parties that holds about 30 cases.
Anyway.I was just wondering

Well coming from the land of minus 40 C we keep it in the refer. After it gets to about minus ten the beer will freeze so keeping it in the fridge actually warms the beer to a nice proper cold drinking temperature. If that sounds confusing to you just have another beer and throw another shrimp on the barby:cheers:

Hahahaha.Yeh ok.I get you.The fridge keeps the beer from from freezing.In oz we actually call the shrimp, prawns.(don't tell anyone though:) ).At least you are not like the Poms(English) and drink warm beer

Actually I keep my beer in a 70's CocaCola vending machine, bought it a garage sale for $50.00. Works great.

Lou

As far as I can tell the coke machine is worth $250.00 up. I know I stole it, the previous owner had it in his man cave, they had a couple of kids and needed to get rid of it. It works great the only thing it's missing is the coin mechanism, but still works fine. It even takes bottles or cans.

Lou

Great beer fridge and story.I got the big party fridge from an ice-cream shop.It has a chilled glass display in top that holds about 10 cases and at one end a small heated area in a separate section.(good for nibblies like prawns! and other crap you cook when you have a barbie.)
Underneath all that it has a fan forced fridge that holds about 30 cases..People come in and look at it and just say,"Bullsh,,.Where did you get that".400 bucks from an auction house.Best beer fridge I have ever had.

Hey Lou.I honestly do not know one Aussie that drinks Foster.20 years ago it was around but now....Gone.Each state has it's own favorites(we only have 6 states and 1 territory)
Favorites are,XXXX(funny.It's called 4 ex).V.B=victoria bitter.Tooheys.We can buy heaps of diff. brands but they are the main one's

Crisso...a 30 case cooler for parties. That's a heck of a party. i used to drinks Fosters because it was the only one that in a oil can (25 oz) but almost every brand does now. 2 beers (25 oz) for $1.99 a few yrs ago at least.
I've had Tooheys and also the "New Toohey" beer (family name sake) My GGF (+wife ,2 sons and a daughter) at entry to Australia,from Ireland, they (the immigration people) changed the U to another O. One son stayed there and raised a family, some are still alive there today. The rest moved back to Ireland or the USA.
Tim Tuohey the Seadoobuddy

Americans do all kinds of things for refrigeration. I've seen houses with sliding doors behind the fridge becuase they push it halfway out of the house during the winter to save a whole $20.00 a year on electricity. Others keep anything cold in the basement of the house. You should look up "turbo beer cooler" if you want to see the way an ausie should keep beer. :)

I just ring this little bell and the maid comes running with an ice cold beer in a frosted mug. I don't know how she keeps it cold and as long as she keeps wearing that little outfit I don't care either. :cheers:

Heh, nothing like an ice cold beer and hot pizza on a Friday night... except cold pizza and warm, flat beer on Saturday morning. :)

Drink water. Better for you and it's fine if it's not super cold... BUI... (Boating Under the Influence) is a bad wrap.

Stepping down off of my pedistal... LOL!

I used to be manager at a large carpet store and one of my duties was scheduling the installers. One morning everyone was lined up waiting for their work and I slipped a newspaper article into one guys worksheets entitled "First Boating while intoxicated ticket in Nebraska". Of course it was about the guy standing in front of me getting his work. You should have seen his face! Asked him what happened. He was so drunk he FELL OUT OF THE BOAT!!!! Worst part was he was my best installer. Amazing work. Ended up in the pen for too many DUI's. Too bad. Waste of great talent.

Anyway, be safe out there people.

Drink water. Better for you and it's fine if it's not super cold... BUI... (Boating Under the Influence) is a bad wrap.

Stepping down off of my pedistal... LOL!

I used to be manager at a large carpet store and one of my duties was scheduling the installers. One morning everyone was lined up waiting for their work and I slipped a newspaper article into one guys worksheets entitled "First Boating while intoxicated ticket in Nebraska". Of course it was about the guy standing in front of me getting his work. You should have seen his face! Asked him what happened. He was so drunk he FELL OUT OF THE BOAT!!!! Worst part was he was my best installer. Amazing work. Ended up in the pen for too many DUI's. Too bad. Waste of great talent.

Anyway, be safe out there people.

I bet his cell had some really nice carpeting.

Our drink driving laws car/boat were .08 %.they then changed them to .05%.This is in the state where I live.Same weekend a mate went fishing in one area and I went another.I saw a big sailboat(couldn't spell yaugt,yaght) on a sandbank.I helped him get off it and the cops came over.I thought it was to thank me.No siree bob.Here.Blow in this.I went .055%.I got to go for a ride in a different boat.
Court Monday and I ran into my mate.He was the 1st in the state and I was the 2nd to get done.Walked in and the judge was a mate I drank with at the pub.That afternoon,all three of us laughed about it over a cold beer,at the pub.

...NOT a BUI Ferret.

For the record, I don't BUI... ever. I do however BBQUI and PUI (P*ss under the influence) quite well.

... I've even been known to munch on a carpet or two while under the influence too.

Ferret: thumbsup:

I used to have a gal working for me at that same store... she had 2 sets of cards printed up. One said, "I lay ANYTHING!!!" I didn't let her use those at work though... Learned how to get some in the back of a 280ZX!

Carpet munching is one of my favorite sports. Just ask my gf! Just don't ask her to back the trailer down the ramp!

what kind of carpet nap do you prefer, a thin short nap or a thick wooly nap? bare hard wood??

I think the bare floorboards are the best.You dont get carpetburn.if the carpet does not match the drapes,who cares.

Back