Kawasaki ZXI, given 2 of them (free)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

One1

I was given 2 1995 ZXI 750 skis on a trailer by my neighbor who has given up on getting around to them in the midst of all his other projects. He said if you can fix them, you can have them. Both are complete, no damage. He just said they didn't run and that's all he knew. Ski #1 has 120psi in both jugs. Ski #2 has 140 psi in both jugs. I believe the correct number on these is 175? Seems like the one with 140 would run...... doubt the one with 120 would at all.

Anyone with Kawi experience know if the 140 psi ski would fire up if I put the time into maintenance? I'm building my SeaDoo SPX right now and I don't want to get distracted further than general maintenance on the Kawi until I'm done with it.

20180618_112625.jpg

20180618_164820.jpg

Perfect compression on a Kawasaki 750 is 150 psi. At 120 it probably will not start in the water but could come up if they have been sitting a long time.

As with any old ski rebuild the carbs with Genuine Keihin kits on the Kawasaki's.

We have the one on the right. We absolutely love it! We picked it up for $200 with Trailer, I replaced the Plugs, Fuel Filter, Fuel Lines, Set To Premix, and we have put close to 80 hours on it in the last two years! Each cylinder is at 135, and has been running strong! Note: If the Trim Motor is not working it will HOP, but you can adjust it manually and you can stop the hopping. takes a few times in the water to adjust just right. Also the solenoids tend to corrode on them, but they are an easy fix as well.

Perfect compression on a Kawasaki 750 is 150 psi. At 120 it probably will not start in the water but could come up if they have been sitting a long time.

As with any old ski rebuild the carbs with Genuine Keihin kits on the Kawasaki's.
Yeah these have been sitting for several years so it's possible that the compression could come up a little bit which would put at least one of the skis at a hundred and fifty PSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back