Kawasaki Jetmate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Honda

Hi Guys,

I know last year (I think it was last year) we were all talking about the old Jetmate. Some said there was a cult following, and I said, I wouldn't pay much for one.

BUT.......

This year, I was thinking about a new project, and I thought that would make the coolest little fishing boat. (For the times I want to go alone) I kind of got into fishing, but I can't get into normal PWC fishing. (too hard to move around) I found one not to far away, rotting in a mechanic shops yard. I'm thinking about going over, while the weather is still cold to see if he wants to get rid of it.

If I get it... what I need to do is find a busted Spark to do a 4-stroke swap on it. (saw one with a 4-tech already)

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are so cool with the center seat and joystick controls. I've heard they are under powered and handle like crap. Your engine conversion would fix the power problem though.

Is this the same as a Kawa SC, kinda looks like a golf cart on water? I owned one for a couple of days (long story).

Lou

Is this the same as a Kawa SC, kinda looks like a golf cart on water? I owned one for a couple of days (long story).

Lou

The SC was kind of cool in it's own right. (bench seat, and moving steering) But the jet mate was a little 3 person boat.

I was never a person who was into fishing, but as I get older, I find myself enjoying being out, and turning off my brain. BUT... last year, there was a few times I wanted to go out, and I just didn't want to drag out the islandia. So, if I had something that was light (like a PWC) it wouldn't be a big deal.

Because of that... power and handling isn't a big factor on this project. BUT a 4 stroke would be nice.

72.jpg

its funny your looking for one I just found out they even exist on Friday and also kind of want one blowsion makes a cool one that was how I found out about it the one they built has a new style srx 800 and pump cool project cant wait to see what you come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back