Kawasaki 440sx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s yours from the factory.
63dda6987aa38208bf3f9e0d5f58b257.jpg

The next time I come across a 1991-1993 with nice stock graphics I’m buying it.
54641b0469e13a55ba3dd4d0cd53f9bd.jpg

That looks unreal
That Kawasaki sold for $1525
All my mates have new 4strokes and I’ll get one one day but I love 2stroke toys

THe 4-Strokes are nice for long range cruising but they just don't have that fun free and playful experience the 2-strokes do. Also you can't rebuild them or work on them without spending a bunch of money.

So went out today with daughter and son in law and some of their friends I’m still struggling but getting there
Son in law straight up I hate him but he is more than 50kg lighter than me. Any way his mate went out on it ended up getting towed back completely submerged. And I mean COMPLETELY SUBMERGED
Any way got it onto dry land and bilge pump still going pulled plugs and cranked till nothing coming from jugs.
Sprayed wd40 into cylinders then let sit then cranked again reinstalled plugs and fired straight up ran great . Question is should I drain the fuel tank and dispose and replace or any other ideas I should do any help appreciated cheers

No water should have gotten into the fuel.

On those skis there is a good chance water got into the rear electrical box and/or the front engine cover.

Also make sure you fog the engine really good with fogging oil after you sink an engine.

Carb rebuild is always a good idea on a new to you ski.

I also remember blocking off the lower crankcase drain because they can leak air and destroy an engine. They sell a block of kit. It’s the cable and knob that attaches to the headpipe.

You need this part number MK-BN38/44-SPR only buy an actual genuine Mikuni kit, no aftermarket crap. I would also get a new needle and seat but you will not know what size until you pull the old one out.

Okay bought this kit but just wondering what air filter I can use that will bolt straight on to the car by

Attachments

• 409295CA-4263-4BED-AD5A-849F4F83C154.png
    409295CA-4263-4BED-AD5A-849F4F83C154.png
    934.9 KB · Views: 14
That would be for if you are still using the oil injection. The oil injection on the Kawasaki isn’t very reliable so I would use premix. Any rubber cap or even a blocked piece of hose will cap that fitting off.

You definitely don’t want that sucking air.

For an air filter your only option is aftermarket. I would try to find an old oceanpro or new there is Blowsion or Tao-Ceti

How do I know what needle and seat I need?

Attachments

• 069AA424-94B7-413E-8805-B09BEE360234.jpeg
    069AA424-94B7-413E-8805-B09BEE360234.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
On the bottom of the brass part you will see a number stamped. That will be the size. 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back