Just starting to figure this thing out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregAD

I started poking around this 1997 GTI and found a couple of things right off the bat. The electrical box cover is broken AND obsolete. Does that make it irreplaceable? The oil in the reservoir has a slight blue cast to it... is that the synthetic? It looks like the previous owner was looking at the plugs as they were only finger tight in the head. They really need replacing.
Is it possible to start and run these things with a garden hose running somewhere to cool it? I would be grateful to anyone who can tell me how. I'm going to fix a few fiberglass cracks in the hull for now and am looking forward to when the water temp gets a little over 62 degrees so I can float this thing.

Greg

You can get a used cover on ebay or [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION].

There is garden hose flush fitting already on that ski near the jet pump on the back. Just remember to start ski, turn on water, shut off water, then turn off ski. If you have water on while the engine isn't running you can flood the engine with water.

Download the manual free online and read it cover to cover.

That's a good reliable ski although pretty underpowered. I had one for years before selling for a GTX (same hull more power ).

Thanks. I'll check that out. By the way, is it all that important that I don't use the standard 10% ethanol gas? There are stations in town that have the stuff without and of course marine filling stations in the harbors. I was just wondering as it's a little less convenient.

The hose connection is just to reverse-flush and clean out some sand/crap. You can run without hose connection out of water, but keep the run time to less than a minute else you run the risk of burning up the thru-hull seal for the main shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back