Just put a deposit on a 2012 210 se with 80 hrs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug13

The boat looks completely stock, so what kind of mods or anything do I need to do it? Start doing a little at a time as I have cash. Is just have to learn how to use a jet boat and its controls. What's everyone using for service manuals out there? Thanks

As for mods I don't think it's necessary to do much to a Sea Doo boat you don't gain much and really perform rather well as is. Get used to the handling, don't get frustrated there is a learning curve and you will easily overcome after some water time.

Have you had a boat before? Jet ski? Congratulations!!

Thanks, yes I've had a little of every
As for mods I don't think it's necessary to do much to a Sea Doo boat you don't gain much and really perform rather well as is. Get used to the handling, don't get frustrated there is a learning curve and you will easily overcome after some water time.

Have you had a boat before? Jet ski? Congratulations!!
everything over the yrs from ski boats to houseboats but never a jet boat. Do the vector or cobra steering help much?

Keep in mind there is a learning curve if your used to I/O, don't get frustrated... As for the 'fins', from what I understand they are a must on a Yamaha. We have really found no need for them on our Sea Doo. If you do get them stick with thrust vector cobra's look cheaply made from what I have seen. I really think when you get used the the boat you will be impressed with the handling. Things can get tricky in wind and currents at slow speed but practice makes things easier.

Is yours a twin engine?

Keep in mind there is a learning curve if your used to I/O, don't get frustrated... As for the 'fins', from what I understand they are a must on a Yamaha. We have really found no need for them on our Sea Doo. If you do get them stick with thrust vector cobra's look cheaply made from what I have seen. I really think when you get used the the boat you will be impressed with the handling. Things can get tricky in wind and currents at slow speed but practice makes things easier.

Is yours a twin engine?
Yes twin non supercharged. I will probably get sea deck or something g to replace the carpet this winter

Congratulations. Care to share what you paid? We have a 2012 210 SE with twin SCers. Plan on seeling in the next year or so.

SeaDek is well worth the money. We did our last season and love it.

Congratulations. Care to share what you paid? We have a 2012 210 SE with twin SCers. Plan on seeling in the next year or so.

SeaDek is well worth the money. We did our last season and love it.
I paid $22,000 for it, it was a repo I guess and sitting in a marina storage barn on a shelf covered up. I think the only thing it doesn't have is the bow cushion that goes between the seats, at least I thought one went there like other boats to make a layout area. I do have to get service manuals and owner manuals for it since I didn't see any. My last jet ski was a 96 sea doo xp I bought new, I haven't messed with jet drive stuff since just regular boats so I have to relearn again. Thanks

They did make a filler cushion, but I have not been able to find any new old stock ones.
There should be a sticker on the back, left side, which lists the model etc, I think JPass at one time thought he had only 310 hp but found superchargers :). Some mechanics don't know what to look for, you could be surprised. I thought all the SE's had the superchargers.

Check to see if you have cooling lines going into the front of the intake manifold. If you do, you're supercharged.

intercooler 2.jpg

I too would be curious if you end up with a supercharged... It's not unheard of for people to not know what they have. I think the price you paid is a good price especially if it's a 430hp... We paid 21500 for our 210 in a similar situation sight unseen very low hours, we bought it three years ago and never looked back. We had everything but the cooler and that was an easy replacement. We ended up putting another 1k into her to get it up to our standards and a few things to ensure reliability. Well worth it for us!!

I'm not going to get the boat till probably Wed or Thursday so once I have it I will do.some looking. There's no decals I see in any of the pics showing HP so I'm just going by what the guy told me that it has twin 155hp or the 310hp

I'm not going to get the boat till probably Wed or Thursday so once I have it I will do.some looking. There's no decals I see in any of the pics showing HP so I'm just going by what the guy told me that it has twin 155hp or the 310hp

I was told the same and turned out to have the twin 215s. I was psyched at the extra power, but bummed I'd have to rebuild 2 superchargers.

No regrets though.

Part of me wanted the extra power but I work on cars for a living and at the end of the day I really don't want something I have higher maintenance on. My son has a Audi A4 that I tried to talk him out of getting and I am always working on that thing. I love speed and really miss my victory hitting triple digits all the time but low maintenance is a good thing

Taking and putting it in the water shortly for the first time! Someone drilled a hole by the drain plug and broke the drain plug housing so I had to fix that over the weekend and let everything cure

I almost forgot to get these but here are the motors I don't think they are supercharged but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1534027322972.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534027322972.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 37
  • FB_IMG_1534027315989.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534027315989.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
If you do get them stick with thrust vector, cobra's look cheaply made from what I have seen.

I think you mean the opposite, right? The Cobra Jet Steering fins are 100% stainless steel and look as tough as anything on business-end of these jet boats. Conversely, the JetBoatPilot thrust-vectors are made out of some type of polymer (which are probably fine).

The TVs do tilt-up at speed. Which, to me, is a blessing and a curse. Some have mentioned a concern of them getting stuck in the up-position and preventing the reverse-bucket from dropping down....although JBP states they haven't seen an issue with it. Also, the TVs hang down much lower than the keel when not at speed. Again, a blessing and a curse. They absolutely provide more low-speed control in forward than the CJS fins...because the TVs are so much bigger. But, I bought a jet boat because of the super shallow draft. In Tampa, I am often in 2 feet of water. Also, the bigger fins mean that they may affect the reverse control more too. YMMV. But, after-all, both systems are just rudders.

The TVs are also much easier to install...but also twice the price. You need two TVs sets on twin-engine. Where as the CJS you only need one set.

Just ordered a Thrust Vector for my 210 Challenger !

About the third post down, maybe not the same as we are talking about.

"Thurst Vectors" are an item from JetBoatPilot. The fins are made of a polymer material. They rotate up at forward speeds. Some feel this is a safety concern as they could possibly prevent the reverse/neutral bucket from coming down in certain situations.. but the new design supposedly prevents this.

"Cobra" fins are made by Cobra Jet Steering. They are 100% stainless steel and do not rotate up at forward speed.

those are the only two fins/rudders available for Seadoo/Rotax boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back