Just bought 02 islandia..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Finally had time to fix the problem. Found a little stick hidden in the impeller. Stupid sticks. Lol. Running decent now. Still only getting about 35mph. I have noticed one new issue. Or old issue. Not sure. I only recently started venturing out further on the lake. But anytime I want to just cruise around the lake after about 30 mins at full/ 3/4 throttle it dies. I can throw it in neutral and fire it right back up and roll again for another 20-30 mins then does it again. No alarms. No beeps. No lights. I am leaning towards fuel. Because randomly I get a little more power and performance after it happens once or twice. Electrically seems strong. From what I have tested and metered. I changed the fuel filter at the beginning of all this. Ran maybe 2 tanks through it so far. Fuel pump? Lift pump?

I have been told it will work with 240 efi if it has the plug on it. It is on the battery side of the motor near the starter.

Most of the 2nd gen 240s have it but I would call the number for mercury vessel view and verify it. The guy that runs the department is super helpful. If you have the gray terminator cap you will need to order the yellow cap to make it work.View attachment 48457View attachment 48458
I have an 03 240 EFI on a seadoo challenger X/2000. The vessel view won’t work or Pair! No smart craft LED! Do I need this yellow cap?! I put my stupid “termination resistor” cap on the branch plug that hangs off the side of the VV harness, no change, no smart craft LED! I called mercury and they said to put the original cap on the empty plug on the side of the harness, no pairing. I used the one provided, no pairing. Do I need the yellow one and where do I get it if so?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back