Junk It?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbarr

Just before memorial day, I cleaned up my 97 GTI from winter storage and started it up with a garden hose hooked up to it. It was running great after having been winterized. I was revving the engine when suddenly it cut off like it blew up. Will not crank now. Is the engine blown? Jet pump bad? Any advice helpful. At what oint do I quit spending money/

Have you done a compression test?
Will the engine roll over or is it locked up?
What kind of shape is the rest of the ski?

If you cannot even roll the engine over by hand with the plugs out. I would say that it is seized and needs a new engine.
You can go to this web site www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?...40 and purchase a new engine.
It will come to your home in a few days. You then have...I think 10 to 12 days to remove all the stuff from your motorand place it on the new motor before having to ship your old motor back for a core.

717 motors are $745.00 with a 2yr no fault warranty.

Check it out. Its up to you, but I would do it.:cheers:

I have all older skis, the little bit I need to spend to keep them running is well worth it!! I have 95GTS, 94GTX and a 94 SPI... All the hulls are in great shape... The two strokes are much easier to repair and a lot less expensive..
I think they are well worth fixing.. A few hundred dollars for an engine is much better than a 6k-10k for a new ski!!! The GTX has a new motor last year from SBT, it runs great!! I also don't feel to bad if something gets a scratched....

roneagan,
Personally I like the older skis better anyway. They are smaller and more manuverable. The new ones are close to being boats...so why not just buy a boat.

scottbarr,
If you decide to junk it let me know, I might buy it off of you. I have never had a GTI yet. I know where loganville is. Isn't that where "Everybody is Somebody in Loganville." :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back