Jetpump replacement for a Seadoo Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy1976

Hi Everyone:

I'm looking for guidance as to where to purchase a jetpump for a SEADOO CHALLENGER 1800. Specifically I would like to know if I can purchase a similar pump from a PWC with similar engine size. The pumps I see for PWC's have a brass housing while mine has a black plastic or composite housing but they are identical in every other way.

Here are my jetpump pics:
IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Here are a couple of images from ebay for 1997 XP which has the same engine.

ebay_1.JPG

ebay_2.JPG

I've already reviewed the parts manual for both and neither the impreller part # or a the housing part # line up, but on their blueprints they are IDENTICAL.

Any guidance on compatiblity or advise where I can purchase the pump for my boat would be greatly appreciated.

any 140mm pump will work...(mid 90's and up) The brass, by far is the best, just adds some weight though, but not noticable for the boats.

any 140mm pump will work...(mid 90's and up) The brass, by far is the best, just adds some weight though, but not noticable for the boats.

Thanks for the reply

Are there different impellers for different models and do they have different performance? This is a twin - so I have the stock pump on the left side and am worried if I swap out the right pump they will no longer be matched.

Thanks for the reply

Are there different impellers for different models and do they have different performance? This is a twin - so I have the stock pump on the left side and am worried if I swap out the right pump they will no longer be matched.

Yes... the impellers are different. But you can just put yours in the Bronze pumps.

what year challenger 1800? I think the 99's had the RFI pump (larger hub 140mm). The only reason I say this is I heard the RFI pumps were better for holeshot on the PWC's (aka "poor mans magnum/skat trak pump"). I looked up which RFI PWC came with the 140mm pump (800cc GSX? I forget which), found the part number via online fiche, and saw the '99 challenger took the same seadoo part number pump. My 98 and the 97 challenger 1800 both have the plastic standard hub 140mm pump that is shares it's part number with the carburated 800 skis, XP's and whatnot. But application listings on solas, etc, say the '99 takes the standard 140mm impeller not the rfi 140mm impeller. Who's right, I don't know, I didn't have to worry about it with my '98 and I ended up not having to replace my pumps, just the wear rings.

Whenever I need a part for my boat I tend to look it up on all year boats and PWC's that have the 800cc to see if there's a difference. Did you know the rave valve pistons are different on the '98 challenger and the XP's? Strange. Anyway, fyi. I'd hate to have you get a pump that's wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back