Jet ski waxing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetoride

What type of wax do you use and how do you put it on, leave the ski on the trailer or take if off, tip on side? What is most efficient? The weather is almost here and I'm getting itchy, wanna get everything ready. :)

i just use turtle wax for gel goat and a plastic polish for all other parts and good all washing up liquid to wash down first and i do it all by hand i have on older skis tipped them over to get the whole underneath done but in most cases i just do it on a stand

I use turtle wax as well, does the job, I am still looking for a nice plastic polish, Where to you ride, im from CT as well:cheers:

3m plastic polish is the best iv used ( im happy with the finished result ) but it all depends on the elbow grease lol

I use the 3M as well, water beads run off so well it only takes me about 2-3 minutes to wipe it off when back on the trailer and ugly water spots are gone.

cool

Yeah, once the weather gets better that would be cool. none of my friends have jet skis, so i usually ride alone. where do u launch?

I ride Coventry lake mostly but I want to do more of the CT River much bigger wakes to jump, obviously a lot more water to cover. I usually ride alone or with my girl on the back, non of my friends have skis either.

Wax...

My 2 cents....

Stay away from anything that has Petroleum Distillates in it. It will look nice, but down the road it gets absorbed and will turn your gel coat yellow. If you are a non-believer check out some boats at your Marina and you will see the ones that have used Petroleum base waxes. It happened to my parents boat. Doesn't show up immediatley, but years later after using it every couple weeks, BAM, yellow tinted gel coat. Not what the Docotr ordered!:hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back