Jet ski dont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

laze

Hello, I have a problem that my jet ski dont want to start now.... When i place the lanyard. Theres 2 beeps. When you hit the start button.. You only hear one click. Sounds like its coming from the rear eletric box.. Just one click you hear when you push the start button.. No engine turning or anything. The battery must be fine.. I even tried my friends working battery on my Ski.. But nothing..All you hear is one click. Oh ya and all the fuses are good. I checked the front box.. and rear box. Every fuse seem good. What could be my problem? I even rode today and the i need to fix this problem to flush the salt water out.

Sorry im a noob.. lol.. Could you break it down more.. .. And explain where could i find it and what to really do to it?

The click you hear from box in rear when trying to start is probly where your solinoid is located. It will have 2 big wires on it one from battery and one going to starter and at least one small wire at a different place on it. If you jump across the two big wires with pliers or something else metal starter should spin engine over. :hat:

What Robin is trying to tell you is the solenoid is located in the electrical box in the rear of the doo. What your hearing is the solenoid clicking as it get power to trying to connect to the starter. To test so see if the soleonid is bad, bypass it by jumping with a piece of wire about 14 gauge, with a coating of insulation on it( don't use a coat hanger) across the 2 main wires on the soleonid. If the starter spins over the engine, it means the solenoid is bad and needs replacement. You might want to check the ground on the starter too to be sure it has a good connection also. Check both wire connections on the battery for a good connection as well. If the battery is low, don't jump the battery, or charge it attached to the seadoo. It could cause a surge and cause more electrical problems. If it still doesn't solve the problem give us a shout back and we'll give you more advice to try.

Ok i tired what you said... I connected a wire across to each 2 big cables.. That are connected to a screw.. I believe on the solinoid.. Once i did that it started sparking on the solinoid.:confused:.. So i took it off.. I dont know if im doing anything wrong? lol.. Do i need to keep my lanyard key on? And would the engine spin?

Don't attach, the "jumper wire" just touch it across the 2 large wires at the solenoid to bypass the solenoid. the starter should spin over in an attempt to start the seadoo. Check the ground -,to the starter and the Red+ connection to be sure they have a a good connection. With out the lanyard key it won't do anything. Try it again and let us know what happens. You might have a bad starter.

Ya.. I tired it.. Nothing happen.. I believe it could be my starter.. Im working on taking it off.. Its such a misson.. I just need to take off 2 more screws.. But its soo hard.. :boxing_smiley::rant:.. And i droped 2 keys under my motor lol.. Im on my last key till i find the other 2 which droped..:ack:

First put the starter in a vice, to hole it in place. Becarefully not to crusgh it. Hook it up to a 12 volt battery/ car type battery. Hook the negitive to the starter bolted tight, and jump a hot wire to the positive lug, the red wire came off when it was in the seadoo. It will spark a small amount when the jumper touches first, it should spin the starter over. If not it is shot. Let us know what happens.

Lets see..Im bought a starter on ebay.. it will come on Wednesday:ack:.. I hope this is the problem... How long could the salt stay in my engine? Its been in there since sunday. I need to really flush my engine :O(

I tried the starter like you said.. It was working.. I ordered a new starter for nothing :ack:.. So i know it wasnt the starter.. And i dont think its the solinoid relay thing.. Cause i tried to by pass it and it wouldnt spin the starter. what else could i check on this problem?

If you did as scubadoo said in the previous post you could have save some money. Never spend money till you know something is bad. It looks like you asked how to test than bought on e-bay before you read the answer to the question.

Karl

Don't attach, the "jumper wire" just touch it across the 2 large wires at the solenoid to bypass the solenoid. the starter should spin over in an attempt to start the seadoo. Check the ground -,to the starter and the Red+ connection to be sure they have a a good connection. With out the lanyard key it won't do anything. Try it again and let us know what happens. You might have a bad starter.
This is what I believe he should of done. Don't attach, the "jumper wire" just touch it across the 2 large wires at the solenoid to bypass the solenoid. the starter should spin over in an attempt to start the seadoo. Check the ground -,to the starter and the Red+ connection to be sure they have a a good connection. With out the lanyard key it won't do anything. Try it again and let us know what happens. You might have a bad starter.

Laze, On the wires to the solenoid there is a Yellow/Red wire going to the solenoid. This wire triggers the solenoid to power the starter, from the start button. If you jump the heavy guage red wire to the other red wire going to the starter it should power the starter.
On the other lug of the solenoid is a Red/Purple wire to a 15 amp fuse, is the fuse ok? Let me know how you make out.

Karl

Mine was doing the exact thing last week... I assumed the battery was bad but it turned out to be a corroded connection where the ground wire attaches to the starter

Well... i put the new starter... charged my battery.. And it turns on now.. im not sure what it was... But its working... The only the gasket of my exhaust... I have to change it.. water is leaking from there o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back